07 Chili Challenge thread. feb. 21-24th

Out of state, non Arizona trail runs

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

Unread postby Tice » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:54 pm

We have never been approached by BLM out there Dave. Even when we go during the year for just the hell of it.
I don't need a winch, I wheel a Toyota!!!!

I'm a firm believer in the double standard!!!!!!!!

Toyman1994 wrote:
damn...well new or next husband i dont care just find one so i can get off the hook already
Tice

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:30 pm

I don't believe there is any BLM permits, yes supposed to licensed and ins. but we have run with trucks that weren't, and there is many that are not lic out there, and we just put them in the middle of the pack, or you can take your trailer up to the trail head but not really worth it in my opinion. You will be less than 5 min from the trail head to begin with. There will more than likely be a sherriff sitting up the trail head too just to make sure that those signed up for a run go with their group and no rogues jump in the middle of them. He generally leaves about 11-11:30 though and we have talked him into letting us go through before when no one was there. Just depending on the guy. No problems other than that though.
o2bgpn wrote:Chesty women smacking hairy balls with tennis rackets. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or go rub one out.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds Tice's truck together.

I don't forget, my brain just disregards insignificant details in my sleep.

Friend and Inspiration..RIP Josh.
Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nmdesertrat » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:30 am

nope no permits for a single individual,but when lcfwdc does the challenge they have to aquire one so they can have that many rigs out on the trail at once! i am curious as to what it runs them??? cus i have been to moab and its only $55 for EJS,and that a week long,not 4 days :mad2:
77 cherokee chief
360(motor mount rippen biotch)with eldebrock intake and holley carb
t400/d300
d60/14corp 5.13's
disc's on all 4's
all over 4d'z

thats Broad Canyon in las cruces for the avatar :p
nmdesertrat
Training Wheels

Unread postby Ashman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:35 pm

Toyman1994 wrote:I don't believe there is any BLM permits, yes supposed to licensed and ins. but we have run with trucks that weren't, and there is many that are not lic out there, and we just put them in the middle of the pack, or you can take your trailer up to the trail head but not really worth it in my opinion. You will be less than 5 min from the trail head to begin with. There will more than likely be a sherriff sitting up the trail head too just to make sure that those signed up for a run go with their group and no rogues jump in the middle of them. He generally leaves about 11-11:30 though and we have talked him into letting us go through before when no one was there. Just depending on the guy. No problems other than that though.

so do we need a schedule of their runs so we can go after or before they have a planned trail run?

Dosent sound fun sitting at a trail head not allowed to enter.
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Tice » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:54 pm

Last year we just had to wait till about noon before we could start. But the guys (sheriff deputies) were pretty cool and didn't make us wait to long.

Toyman1994 wrote:
damn...well new or next husband i dont care just find one so i can get off the hook already
Tice

Unread postby azyota » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:56 pm

Ashman wrote:Dosent sound fun sitting at a trail head not allowed to enter.

Stay up late and party, sleep late and show up at the trail at noon!
www.crossedupoffroad.com
www.krishanningphoto.com

RIP 4alarm

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." ....John Wayne
azyota
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Ashman » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:02 pm

Looks like the most guys that signed up on pirate are doing these trails on these days.

Wed.Patzcuaro's Revenge
thur. Rocotillo Rapids
fri. Tabasco Twister
sat. Habanero Falls

Or

Wed-Hab Falls
Thurs-tobacco twister
Friday-Patz Revenge
Sat-Rocotillo Rapids

What order do you guys want to do them?

Ill be off work from now till after we get back. Ill get some time in on the Jeep this weekend, monday and tuesday.
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Tice » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:14 pm

Not sure what order, but I was thinking

Thurs. Tabasco Twister
Fri. Roccotillo Rapids
sat. Pascaros Revenge and Habanaero These can be run in one day as long as we don't run into any problems, e.i. breakage!! :D

Toyman1994 wrote:
Tice

Unread postby Ashman » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:33 pm

tice wrote:Not sure what order, but I was thinking

Thurs. Tabasco Twister
Fri. Roccotillo Rapids
sat. Pascaros Revenge and Habanaero These can be run in one day as long as we don't run into any problems, e.i. breakage!! :D

How close to town will we be? Ill need to refuel the propane.
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Tice » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:11 pm

We will be just blocks away from places like that. We'll only be about 5 miles from the trails. Actually it may be less than that. :scratching:

Toyman1994 wrote:
Tice

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:15 pm

I would suggest staying away from PR on Sat. Last year there were just too many problems with bystanders acting like jacka$$e$ and others kicking rocks off the canyon walls onto people below. At least this is just what I would request if I was going to be there but of course I'M NOT :mad2: :mad: so just my .02

To those people who I have to work with and can't do their damn jobs.. :flipoff3:
o2bgpn wrote:Chesty women smacking hairy balls with tennis rackets. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or go rub one out.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds Tice's truck together.

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nmdesertrat » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:49 pm

Toyman1994 wrote:I would suggest staying away from PR on Sat. Last year there were just too many problems with bystanders acting like jacka$$e$ and others kicking rocks off the canyon walls onto people below. :

yeah ask pats wife,she damn near got smacked by a big rock that some idiot kicked while climbing...if i hadnt seen it or heard it it would have made a nasty bruise on her ankle,then the dogs almost got one too!i dont know if ryan.tice or bertha and them saw the idiot that stepped over a live winch line! it wasnt moveing at the time,but it was holding a vehicle up on the waterfall! :shocked:
77 cherokee chief
360(motor mount rippen biotch)with eldebrock intake and holley carb
t400/d300
d60/14corp 5.13's
disc's on all 4's
all over 4d'z

thats Broad Canyon in las cruces for the avatar :p
nmdesertrat
Training Wheels

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:30 am

ya, Isaac and my dog almost got smashed by a couple too..

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Tice » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:57 am

I never seen any of that. :mad: I know they left a lot of fucking trash that our group picked up. :flipoff3:

Then lets do PR and HF on fri and RR on sat. I definitly want to do TT on thurs. I just wanns make the right line before Ryan does!!!! :p :flipoff:

Toyman1994 wrote:
Tice

Unread postby Toyoduh » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:31 am

Not sure if I'm going or not yet but got back my card with
HF-thur
PR-fri
RR-sat

Two guys from TX, Dennis and Edwin, are coming out also and would like to run TT and don't have it on their scheduled runs. Can we tag along on Thur. for TT? If this is what you're going to run. Not sure about Fri. or Sat. yet. Hopefully see you there.

Jeff
1985 Toyota SR5 X-tra cab--modified--
Toyoduh
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:11 am

tice wrote: I just wanns make the right line before Ryan does!!!! :p :flipoff:

you make it or not, it doesn't count cause I won't be there to defend myself :p

Also, just remember who's tires you got :flipoff:

I just really wanna see this week pass so I can take it off of my "Things that I will miss this Year" list :cry: Can you tell I'm really going to miss this trip.

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Ashman » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:58 pm

Toyoduh wrote:Can we tag along on Thur. for TT? Not sure about Fri. or Sat. yet. Hopefully see you there.

Jeff

Sounds like a plan.

Anyone running water in their front tires for this run. lots of watter falls watter in the fronts would help alot.
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Tice » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:37 pm

No need for water Dave, oh wait, you have a Jeep you made need something to help you out a little more!!! :p :flipoff: :D

Toyman1994 wrote:
Tice

Unread postby Ashman » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:19 pm

tice wrote:No need for water Dave, oh wait, you have a Jeep you made need something to help you out a little more!!! :p :flipoff: :D

No lines that hard? :scratching:
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby azyota » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:46 pm

nmdesertrat wrote:
Toyman1994 wrote:I would suggest staying away from PR on Sat. Last year there were just too many problems with bystanders acting like jacka$$e$ and others kicking rocks off the canyon walls onto people below. :

yeah ask pats wife,she damn near got smacked by a big rock that some idiot kicked while climbing...if i hadnt seen it or heard it it would have made a nasty bruise on her ankle,then the dogs almost got one too!i dont know if ryan.tice or bertha and them saw the idiot that stepped over a live winch line! it wasnt moveing at the time,but it was holding a vehicle up on the waterfall! :shocked:

yeah that one clown stepped over my winchline while I think Sam was on the hook. It could have been ugly. The locals had no problem leaving ALL their trash on the ground.
www.crossedupoffroad.com
www.krishanningphoto.com

RIP 4alarm

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." ....John Wayne
azyota
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jpcrawleram » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:05 pm

Im still going but Marty lost his tow rig. Does anyone have an empty seat that is willing to take a passenger?

I will be there thursday night.
Has anyone talked with Sam He needs to send me directions to Lupe's. I lost them from last time.

jpcrawleram@sbcglobal.net
LetZRoll Offroad
jpcrawleram
WAZ Vendor
WAZ Vendor

Unread postby Tice » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:20 pm

I think I may still have the Andrew. If I do I'll e-mail them to ya.

Toyman1994 wrote:
Tice

Unread postby SSII » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:55 pm

You guys take lots of pics and post them. I fully intend to hit it next year with you all and bring some Colorado wheelers too.
I honestly have forgot about the Chili challenge and it is a want to do event for me now. :thumb:
77 I-H SSII, 6-71 blown 490 stroker BBC, manual 4l80, 203-205, 60 front, 70 rear, rear steer, 42" Pit Bull Rockers
SSII
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby Tice » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:51 pm

This may be the last year for the Chili Challenge. Looks like someone is buying the land!!! :mad:

Toyman1994 wrote:
Tice

Unread postby Ashman » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:51 pm

Who's bringing digital video camera's? Last year didnt josh made a two disc DVD? I though I had a copy but didnt find it.

What about fire wood?
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Runs