07 Chili Challenge thread. feb. 21-24th

Out of state, non Arizona trail runs

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

Unread postby rockdawg84 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:36 am

My wife and I are planning on going and would love to hook up with you to do some of the runs. We are set up pretty well (no tube buggy or anything but the usual toy stuff) Aaron I also want to know if you are going?
84 Runner stretched and pounded but still crawlin
98 Runner Family Wagon, 3.4, 5 speed, TRD Supercharger, small lift, 35's
03 Runner V8, Rear E-Locker, Wife's Grocery getter about to get a little taller
rockdawg84
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Tice » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:58 am

I take it you know Aaron? If thats the case then you can't go!!!! :p Just kidding, keep in touch when it gets closer we'll post up more meeting info. :thumb:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a Toyota!!!!

I'm a firm believer in the double standard!!!!!!!!

Toyman1994 wrote:
damn...well new or next husband i dont care just find one so i can get off the hook already
Tice

Unread postby rockdawg84 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:42 am

Yes I know Aaron and have for a while. you gotta hang with the guys that are fun to watch. :innocent: his username is so approprate and I have watched Aaron chase his rig down the trial. :roll: Now that is a good time. :D
I look forward to wheeling with you guys. I will keep my eyes open for further posts.
rockdawg84
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Ashman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:11 pm

You were there that day? what did you drive the red tacoma?
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:50 pm

Knowing now that no one got hurt, and it provides a good lesson to those that see it, I still laugh..sorry Aaron
o2bgpn wrote:Chesty women smacking hairy balls with tennis rackets. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or go rub one out.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds Tice's truck together.

I don't forget, my brain just disregards insignificant details in my sleep.

Friend and Inspiration..RIP Josh.
Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby rockdawg84 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:20 am

Ashman wrote:You were there that day? what did you drive the red tacoma?

then I drove a white 84 bobed longbed but it has long since been totaled and I now have a black 84 runner. Aaron is a great guy and I have always enjoyed wheeling with him, though it has been a long time since we were able to go out together.
rockdawg84
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby 4alarm » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:44 am

rockdawg, Were you there the day Aarons' truck did the ghost ride down 3 feathers in Chivo? He kinda flopped it and after getting out of the truck some dude jumped on his rear bumper causing the weight to shift, freeing the stuck truck and sending it down the hill into the boulder. I don't remember the truck you described. I was there with my '86 toy pickup, there was Ashman with his '84, an '03 Rubicon, and a doublecab Tacoma.
-Josh
'70 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Build-up HERE!
'02 Toyota Sequoia
'08 Infiniti G35
TLCA Member #14566
My pictures: http://www.parrish-family.net
4alarm
19 Apr 1980 - 1 Nov 2008

Unread postby rockdawg84 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:18 pm

4alarm, no I wasn't there that day I was supposed to but was broke and Aaron got me the video. I was there the day he stood his runner on its two back wheels and almost went over in the gap, that was fun. His rig has come a long way since then and makes mine look tame.
rockdawg84
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Ashman » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:33 am

rockdawg84 wrote:4alarm, no I wasn't there that day I was supposed to but was broke and Aaron got me the video. I was there the day he stood his runner on its two back wheels and almost went over in the gap, that was fun. His rig has come a long way since then and makes mine look tame.

Ok cool I though you were saying you were there with us. Yea, Josh (4alarm) took that video aaron showed you.
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby rockdawg84 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:58 pm

It was a fun video. Aaron was with me at my batchlor party when we took about 15 trucks to the first cattle guard in the gap. I am really looking forward to wheeling with you all.
rockdawg84
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby rokncj8 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:43 pm

Just got back from GA. Awesome seeing the Family again. Sounds like we have a full crew going to CC this time. We are still weeks out but who is looking to travel on what days. The Official CC starts with trail runs on Wed AM. Even though we don't run with the group, who might be interested in going for the week?? ( leaving from AZ on Mon or so).. In the past we usually show up Wed by noon, and run RR before the Party Starts. I would love to show up earlier and Wheel and find some of the Hard Trails. Just Checking to see who might be going when... Can't Wait.
R.I.P. 82 CJ8; 42's; AMC 401; T18; NP231;D300; 2D Holly Pro Jection; D60F; D70R

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.".....Mario Andretti
rokncj8
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby nmdesertrat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:32 am

i am gonna try and head over weds in the am...i'll stop by and chew the fat adam,if y'all are around....i might want to head up RR with yall if i get there soon enough!
we should have 4 rigs comeing from cbad this year :naughty:
btw we planned to register,trails are broad,tt,and rr...but if we dont like what we get we might swing it with you guys! :thumb:
77 cherokee chief
360(motor mount rippen biotch)with eldebrock intake and holley carb
t400/d300
d60/14corp 5.13's
disc's on all 4's
all over 4d'z

thats Broad Canyon in las cruces for the avatar :p
nmdesertrat
Training Wheels

Unread postby rokncj8 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:39 am

nmdesertrat
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:32 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am gonna try and head over weds in the am...i'll stop by and chew the fat adam,if y'all are around....i might want to head up RR with yall if i get there soon enough!
we should have 4 rigs comeing from cbad this year
btw we planned to register,trails are broad,tt,and rr...but if we dont like what we get we might swing it with you guys!

Glad to hear Yall will make it. :thumb: Make note of where Broad Canyon Enters and how to get home, Would like to try to run that one this trip for some dif. scenery. I think Bertha is going to try for early Wed as well, Not sure of Tice. I am looking to get in sometime Tues.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.".....Mario Andretti
rokncj8
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby JURYS STILL OUT :) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:41 pm

i am not bringing a truck, but i am still coming out so someone needs to make room for me and Isaac at least one day. But I am not leaving until i get off of work friday, cuz i know you all will still be there. :naughty:
You all need to make sure you get some pics so we can send them to toyman, cuz he will be fiending for them :roll:
Can't let tradition of going to cruces fall out of play just because the other half is gone. :p
life's not worth living if you can't have a little fun

RIP: Corporal Victor M. Langarica - 20 Jan 2007

RIP: Josh 01 Nov 2008---loved by many---you will be deeply missed

"Why put off until tomorrow what can be put off until next week."

so call me crazy...i LOVED a toyman
JURYS STILL OUT :)
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cj5jeepin » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:34 am

I am going this year, however unsure of when, depends on my work schedule, I will be taking my jeep, but only if I get the new motor in it, which Oney is working on right now (Thanks Oney). Adam, are you planning on camping at the same place you normally do? If so, is there going to be room for another motor home? I will need a map to get there, as I hope to be leaving straight from Coolidge after work on Thursday of CC Week. :thumb:
cj5jeepin
Sierra Vista, AZ

Some people are like slinkies, they are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
cj5jeepin
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby JURYS STILL OUT :) » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:08 am

cj5jeepin wrote:I am going this year, however unsure of when, depends on my work schedule, I will be taking my jeep, but only if I get the new motor in it, which Oney is working on right now (Thanks Oney). Adam, are you planning on camping at the same place you normally do? If so, is there going to be room for another motor home? I will need a map to get there, as I hope to be leaving straight from Coolidge after work on Thursday of CC Week. :thumb:

normally when we go we take the motor home, but it is just me and lil man so there will be room for your motor home since I won't be bringing ours. I know you didn't ask me but since when do I wait to be asked a question :naughty:

Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby rokncj8 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:21 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cj5jeepin wrote:
I am going this year, however unsure of when, depends on my work schedule, I will be taking my jeep, but only if I get the new motor in it, which Oney is working on right now (Thanks Oney). Adam, are you planning on camping at the same place you normally do? If so, is there going to be room for another motor home? I will need a map to get there, as I hope to be leaving straight from Coolidge after work on Thursday of CC Week.

normally when we go we take the motor home, but it is just me and lil man so there will be room for your motor home since I won't be bringing ours. I know you didn't ask me but since when do I wait to be asked a question

Like Jury said, Plenty of room. I park on the road in front and we can line you up at the corner across the road of where Jury and Ryan pull in as well. Glad to hear you are making it this year. Gonna be a Blast.

Oh!! I mean this trip will really Suck without Ryan......

rokncj8
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:54 am

i'm only giving up my RV parking spot till this fall..just remember that :p

I hope you all have a crappy weekend..here's to no Sam getting lost, broken knuckles, broken oil filters, broken driveshafts, bent leafs, power steering ripping from the frame, broken center pins, broken hydrolic assist rams, broken hubs, broken stub shafts, more broken driveshafts, and a many flops..none of which will be where I rolled over on TT in May..I'm gonna be the first to climb that fall :p :cheers:

Cause if you didn't do any of the mentioned, it was a crappy weekend :D
Last edited by Toyman1994 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o2bgpn wrote:Chesty women smacking hairy balls with tennis rackets. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or go rub one out.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds Tice's truck together.

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby cj5jeepin » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:38 pm

If I like the spot, I will keep it, if you interfer with this plan I will flatten all your tires, steal your beer, dump it out, in addition I will kidnap your rig and sell it for parts to the people south of the border. Any questions, keep them to yourself. Now eat me. :flipoff: Thank you Adam for your kindness in giving up Ryan's spot, may the flys of 1000 camels get in his mess kit for wishing bad luck on the trip. :thumb:
cj5jeepin
Sierra Vista, AZ

Some people are like slinkies, they are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
cj5jeepin
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby JURYS STILL OUT :) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:34 pm

cj5jeepin wrote:If I like the spot, I will keep it, if you interfer with this plan I will flatten all your tires, steal your beer, dump it out, in addition I will kidnap your rig and sell it for parts to the people south of the border. Any questions, keep them to yourself. Now eat me. :flipoff: Thank you Adam for your kindness in giving up Ryan's spot, may the flys of 1000 camels get in his mess kit for wishing bad luck on the trip. :thumb:

tee hee hee :innocent: as long as it is only his beer you steal in the future and as long as the kid gets to come sleep in with you I don't mind a sleeping bag with my hunny. Right now I wouldn't mind just my hunny ;)

And Ryan shame on you for wishing all that bad luck cuz you know it will only happen when I show up and then it will be my fault!!!!

Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:17 pm

ooopsss, I just reread my post, I forgot a word :oops: :D

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby cj5jeepin » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:48 pm

Always room for the kids, I have a full basement in my motor home, we can stuff them there. Ryan got in trouble, he's gonna get a whoopin. No you would like that. Wishing you well in the sand, keep your head down dude, spent a couple tours in the jungle, it is nice to get home. Keep the faith and we'll see you soon. We are all proud of you. Chuck
cj5jeepin
Sierra Vista, AZ

cj5jeepin
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:32 am

Bad news boys and girls...aparently, as here the rains have changed some things in LC and especially on TT. I just read a trip report dated the 29th of Dec and biggest thing noted was that the bottom of the large falls has filled in almost 5 ft and is now at a point to where a moderately modified jeep on 35's walked right up it as did a stock unlimited jeep. Well, sounds like it is time to break open that far right line.. No real news on PR though. They didn't try the first two obstacles. Sounded like they came down a canyon after those and hit that ledge that is next in line..

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby uzaho » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:26 pm

Any of you freaks got an extra seat?

Stationed in El Paso, Ft Bliss now and even though I dont have a rig anymore Id like to head out, see the crew and watch a few runs.

Jt
No real rig

Tough times never last. Tough people do.
uzaho
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Unread postby 4alarm » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:54 pm

uzaho wrote:Any of you freaks got an extra seat?

Stationed in El Paso, Ft Bliss now and even though I dont have a rig anymore Id like to head out, see the crew and watch a few runs.

Jt

Hey, look who popped his head out of his shell. Nice hearing from you again.
-Josh
'70 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Build-up HERE!
'02 Toyota Sequoia
'08 Infiniti G35
TLCA Member #14566
My pictures: http://www.parrish-family.net
4alarm
19 Apr 1980 - 1 Nov 2008

PreviousNext

Return to Other Runs