A belated review of my trip up to Utah

Out of state, non Arizona trail runs

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

A belated review of my trip up to Utah

Unread postby falcotim » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:31 pm

I picked up a 4Runner when I was up there. It's an 85 with Allpro's suspension setup, wheelbase is around 106". It's got longfield's up front with 5.29's front and rear with both axles locked with Aussie's. It's also got dual cases w/ 4.7's in the rear.

Now for the fun!

First thing I did was do some testing in St. George, UT. it's about an hour and a half northeast of Vegas. The trail I was going to run was the West Rim, but due to some problems, I only ran part of it. First off, when we got up on the trail, I had 2 belts brake. The p/s and fan belts both went south due to a bolt holding a bracket working loose. At least that's what I think happened. Then people got sick and we had to cut our fun really short. In any case, here are some pics of that! The samurai is my Dad's that I built him a while ago.

And here are a few real short clips.
http://s784.photobucket.com/albums/yy129/falcotim/?action=view&current=stgeorge1.flv

http://s784.photobucket.com/albums/yy129/falcotim/?action=view&current=stgeorge2.flv

Then I did some snow wheeling. Boy that was fun! It's the first time I've had lockers period, much less in snow. I had to re-learn how to drive! Hence, I got stuck a few times. We took a stock ifs 4runner, my truck, and we met a guy in an XJ. Right after I got stuck for my first time, he showed up to pull me out. He got stuck a few times as well and had to winch and the ifs 4runner got stuck 3 times. At one time, I was up to my chest in snow trying to hook up the winch to a tree. Fun times!

Enjoy. No vids and I was the only only one taking pics, so there aren't too many.

This one is of where I got stuck the first time. I have 37's and the snow was higher than my tires, if that gives some perspective.

falcotim
Training Wheels

Return to Other Runs