Chile Challenge

Out of state, non Arizona trail runs

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:18 am

i bet you are right. even being registered i hope they don't try to stop me from running what I want cause I am not wanting to drive all that way to run hard trails..
o2bgpn wrote:Chesty women smacking hairy balls with tennis rackets. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or go rub one out.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds Tice's truck together.

I don't forget, my brain just disregards insignificant details in my sleep.

Friend and Inspiration..RIP Josh.
Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Flop » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:36 am

I know you wheel a Toyota, but you have to try the hard stuff eventually!!! :p :thumb:
Part Dodge
Part Chevy
Part Humvee
Mostly Jeep...

All American.
Flop
Boggers
Boggers

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:30 pm

ya, but since i will a toyota i don't need a winch and since i don't have a winch, they won't let me on the extreme trails.. :mad:
o2bgpn wrote:Chesty women smacking hairy balls with tennis rackets. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or go rub one out.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds Tice's truck together.

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Brody » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Toyman1994 wrote:i bet you are right. even being registered i hope they don't try to stop me from running what I want cause I am not wanting to drive all that way to not run hard trails..

There fixed it for you! ;)

Hope it all goes well and you guys get to run what you want.
From what I've been reading on pirate what the other guys do is register run what they are told and run what they want that same day =instead of just running one trail a day. I think you guys will be fine if you get stuck :zzz: off an easy trail just finish it fast (as possible) and then head off to what you want :thumb:

I'm out just for the record
I can only afford one out of state trip a year and the trip I really want to make just happens to be a week after this one.
Brody
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:58 pm

ya, prob gonna do the same thing as you are talking but I prob won't even run what i signed up for..everyone should be out of the trail head area about 9-930, fig head up about 10 and get on the trails then. but the question is how tight are they gonna control access to the trails for even those with stickers..they still gonna tell me running a trail without a winch?

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Ashman » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:08 pm

All the added rules took the fun out of it for me. Im not planning on going.
I would expect a smaller turnout with the added changes.
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:12 pm

i do agree with you Dave, it will be a smaller turnout and not having spectators and such, it's going to hurt them in the end. those spectators raise money and interest and right now they shouldn't be doing anything to hurt either one. bad move IMO.

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Brody » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:25 pm

I can't find the thread but IMO it doesn't matter what anyone is saying cause everything has changed this year their not just inforcing old rules they are changing them. So who really knows.

Here read this it may explain a bit
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=753481

Edit, dave beat me to it site loged me off. still good info.
Brody
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Brody wrote:I can't find the thread but IMO it doesn't matter what anyone is saying cause everything has changed this year their not just inforcing old rules they are changing them. So who really knows.

Here read this it may explain a bit
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=753481

Edit, dave beat me to it site loged me off. still good info.

hence what Jury and I found this morning...beginning to be almost not worth it. maybe it's good my leave might be canceled in the next few days by work.

I should know something hopefully by Monday.

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby rokncj8 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:52 pm

Just got off the phone with Event Spokesperson. Blu Reiderman for the Cruces run. Here is a link to the SUN NEWS Spectator issue. He said it is more of a money issue than anything. BLM changed the rules again this year. check out the Article. The LC4WDC pages have to be politically correct but there is another side to it. Main change is that ALL Vehicles and Riders will have to sign a No Harm Waiver and Pay $100 to get your Trail Access Badge. They have hired Local Law enforcement as well as they will have members of the club at the Pit to check that only those with Registration Badges get in. They have made many more access to the trails though, You can get in several more ways than just the Gravel Pit. I'm still in....

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/las-c ... 7ASGEEJ3J9
R.I.P. 82 CJ8; 42's; AMC 401; T18; NP231;D300; 2D Holly Pro Jection; D60F; D70R

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.".....Mario Andretti
rokncj8
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:31 am

Well got a call last night, my leave has been canceled. Adam and I are now out. :cry:

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby rokncj8 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:57 am

Toyman1994 wrote:Well got a call last night, my leave has been canceled. Adam and I are now out. :cry:

Hate it as well but like Ryan said Not gonna make it this time. Too much Fuel cost to Cover on my own.

Some Other time..... The East Coast trails are OPEN, Ya'll can come this way if you like. Got 6 acres front Yard to camp, a Full Basement and Shop with a Lift. House is just a few miles off I-20 40 miles West of Atlanta Everyone is Welcome....
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... f05de5&z=7

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.".....Mario Andretti
rokncj8
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:04 am

Hey Adam, there is a big group going to Harlan KY in Sep that I may try to make now..or plan a trip to Tellico, but Harlan is supposed to be better :naughty:

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby rokncj8 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:09 am

Toyman1994 wrote:Hey Adam, there is a big group going to Harlan KY in Sep that I may try to make now..or plan a trip to Tellico, but Harlan is supposed to be better :naughty:

Let me know if you make it a trip to Tellico, I'll meet you there. Just need a weeks notice, less than 4 hrs from the house

rokncj8
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:11 am

sweet sounds good Adam.

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Odd Angle » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:37 pm

The new crawler is done so count us in. What do you all say we meet at the fair grounds the night of the 17th and talk about plans for War Path?
We will be bringing the big silver Odd Angle trailer. It says Odd Angle on the side of it. Can't miss it! [/quote]
Did you bring beer?
Odd Angle
Training Wheels

Unread postby rokncj8 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:45 pm

Odd Angle wrote:The new crawler is done so count us in. What do you all say we meet at the fair grounds the night of the 17th and talk about plans for War Path?
We will be bringing the big silver Odd Angle trailer. It says Odd Angle on the side of it. Can't miss it!
[/quote]

You Odd Angle Guys Enjoy, CC fell apart for Ryan and I, won't be making it out. Ryans Plans changed and its too many miles and too Much Fuel to drive it myself. 2900mi round Trip.

rokncj8
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Odd Angle » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:13 am

We talked to Blu Two days ago. The word is that they are going to allow spectaters in but cap it when the BLM boys think they have reached the areas limit for enviroment impact reasons. As for the passenger registration and the hold harmless form, those rules have always been in place. Like every year we find ways to ignore them!

Lets go thrash !
Did you bring beer?
Odd Angle
Training Wheels

Unread postby sambo » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:03 am

lmao it was a bomb this year only 2?? vehicles...lmao serves em right!
hey how bout a trip in the near future april,may? memo weekend???

hey btw i turned to the dark side,yes i bought an 87 toyota pu,single cab.
big ass choptop cherokee on 38's and 1 tons
drive shafts that suck ;p
sambo
Training Wheels

Previous

Return to Other Runs