Table Mesa, LT, Anaconda, JD 3-10-13

Discuss and post pics of Arizona trail runs.

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

Table Mesa, LT, Anaconda, JD 3-10-13

Unread postby Stealth 4x4 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Another awesome day of wheeling at Table Mesa! Thanks to chef and Nate for making the drive out to join me. Three rigs hit up Lower Terminator and all of Anaconda (upper and lower). Then Nate had to bail and get his GF back to Tucson, so Chef and I ran out Judgement Day and had some more fun, before he headed back out to the highway and I took the Black Canyon Trail back home to Black Canyon City. The weather was incredible, and the desert is looking amazing right now... Super green with all sorts of colorful wildflowers out. Everything was crisp and clean from the recent rains, no dust at all... :bluebounce:

The river crossing was up to my headlights, but we all got across it without incident. A handful of trails were enjoyed, some optional play lines were repeated just for the hell of it instead of just getting through, and nothing broke. Just a perfect day of wheeling. :cheers:

I left my camera equipment at home this time and just focused on enjoying the wheeling. And Melanie opted out today, so I only got a few not-too-exciting cell phone shots. Many tires were lifted, the 3 wheeling was fun, I even got in a little 2 wheeling (what's it take to flop Zilla, anyway? Sure I'll find out soon enough), but of course I got none of it on video. Oh well. Had a great time and here are a few shots just to prove it happened...

Chef

Spring is here!

Nate from Flagstaff

"What's that noise?"
"Your tire's eating sheet metal."
"Oh, ok."

:boobies:
Stealth 4x4
Training Wheels

Re: Table Mesa, LT, Anaconda, JD 3-10-13

Unread postby Ashman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:02 am

looks like a blast.
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby gpn » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:51 am

It was an awesome day! BTW, I went out a different way and the river crossing was lower than the top of my 35's. A little more peace of mind that the crossing going in!
'99 XJ
4.88's, lockers, rockrails, long arms, custom "self-clearancing" mods
gpn
Training Wheels

Unread postby Stealth 4x4 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:55 am

gpn wrote:It was an awesome day! BTW, I went out a different way and the river crossing was lower than the top of my 35's. A little more peace of mind that the crossing going in!

Sounds like those guys we ran into led you to a good place to cross. Good to know. The main crossing was dug out on that side when that landowner did the (illegal) streambed alteration work with heavy equipment and put up all the fencing. So at the main crossing instead of spreading the flow of water out over the whole width of the historic riverbed at basically the same depth (much more shallow), there is now a deep side where all the water is being funneled and a high and dry side. Eventually, the low side will be filled in with silt and begin to level out and shallow out as the river returns to its original course. But for now, I'll have to do some exploring for another crossing if it gets any deeper from snowmelt.

Shoot me a PM with directions to the second crossing? Last time I checked the old second crossing was closed, with many new posted signs in place... so there must be a new one I don't know about. :thumb: Had a great time. Glad you could make it. Thanks, Nate.
Stealth 4x4
Training Wheels

Unread postby gpn » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:31 am

I'll see what I can do. Do you know where the BLM parking area is? It has a big steel square tube fence all around it. You can park there without a state lands permit. If you know where that is then it easy to find the second crossing and LT/anaconda TH. The crossing was shorter and a little swift, but the depth was uniform and less than my 35's, which are probably only 33 or 34 aired down.
'99 XJ
gpn
Training Wheels

Unread postby Ashman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:47 pm

Yea use that staging area then head West on the main road, it will drop down into the wash, but its not deep like the other side.

Skip to 20:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWiqVLbqoEA

When you come down the hill after leaving the CD entrance you keep to the right. Then go between the trees shown in the video and cross the stream. That video was before they put up the tube fence at the staging area.

There used to be a third path in the middle between the two existing paths but its been blocked off for several years.
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby gpn » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:04 pm

There was quite a bit more water there yesterday! Maybe 4 or so jeep lengths worth of water.

Thanks for the vid dave!
'99 XJ
gpn
Training Wheels

Unread postby Stealth 4x4 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:56 pm

:thumb: Thanks guys. Much appreciated.
Stealth 4x4
Training Wheels

Unread postby Stealth 4x4 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:13 pm

Any more pics from this run out there? I think Chef blazed a few, but he's having technical difficulties getting them posted up.
Stealth 4x4
Training Wheels

Unread postby gpn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Hannah got a few, but I haven't gotten them yet. I'll post them up when I get 'em!
'99 XJ
gpn
Training Wheels

Unread postby Stealth 4x4 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:38 pm

Chef's Pics...

Stealth 4x4
Training Wheels

Return to Arizona Trip Reports