raw deal and terminator

Discuss and post pics of Arizona trail runs.

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

raw deal and terminator

Unread postby penski61 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:01 am

found out i need a longer front driveshaft , cause at full flex the splines kept coming out of the yoke so i couldnt really try any of the difficult stuff out there :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYKoX_DLmNk
this video is the front driveshaft slipping out of the yoke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNzqWzblNqI
pathy (dacasp from NOR)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiInEYAOU7E
Az-Ted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFsOgypWMQI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL0HYTNzWwE
penski61
Training Wheels

Unread postby chuggins143 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:46 pm

hmmmm... lots of tasty sheet metal that needs wrinkles! :naughty:

Looks like fun! Approximately, where are these runs located?
:thumb:
C
New DD - 2003 Toy Quadcab Prerunner

Soon to be truggy from this carcass!
RIP! - 85 Toy PU @ 5", on 39.5 Pitbull Rockers, flat bed, York OBA, stretched to 111" WB, Marlin Crawler, 5:29's, Aussie Locker and Longs in the front/spool in the rear, crossover steering, doorless... most of the time!
chuggins143
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby penski61 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Edited by moderator.
penski61
Training Wheels

Unread postby Ashman » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:11 am

Wheeling Arizona will not share GPS, trail locations and maps.
Nondisclosure of general locations for purposes of public safety and trial preservation.
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby penski61 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:52 am

"discuss arizona trails , post pic and GPS info here " is the title right under the forum topic , but you say i cant talk about it? :scratching:
penski61
Training Wheels

Unread postby TallGuy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:13 am

That's a good point, penski - thanks for pointing that out. I think the description for this forum should be changed.

Coordinates are typically not discussed publicly, so as to protect some of the tougher trails from the many abuses they may otherwise see. It prevents underbuilt rigs from finding trails they shouldn't be on, as well as keeping the trails preserved from rock stacking and other problems that come with overuse. If anyone wants to hit those trails, they should have no problem hooking up with someone familiar with them. They can also tell you if your rig is capable before getting stuck in the middle of nowhere.

TallGuy

Unread postby Ashman » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:17 pm

penski61 wrote:"discuss arizona trails , post pic and GPS info here " is the title right under the forum topic , but you say i cant talk about it? :scratching:

That was before my time, It went un-noticed. I updated the forum description. Things have changed since 2002 when the board first started.
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Good call out penski and thanks for updating that Dave :cool:
o2bgpn wrote:Chesty women smacking hairy balls with tennis rackets. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or go rub one out.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds Tice's truck together.

I don't forget, my brain just disregards insignificant details in my sleep.

Friend and Inspiration..RIP Josh.
Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Spinnas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:33 pm

chuggins143 wrote:hmmmm... lots of tasty sheet metal that needs wrinkles! :naughty:

C

Yo Chad, I'll get with you about a run up that way. Plan on ~150 miles each way(hope you got a trailer), and 3 days. Oh, and you're gonna need a winch no matter how badass Tice thinks Toyotas are :D
YJ pile of crap
Spinnas
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby chuggins143 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Spinnas wrote:
chuggins143 wrote:hmmmm... lots of tasty sheet metal that needs wrinkles! :naughty:

C

Yo Chad, I'll get with you about a run up that way. Plan on ~150 miles each way(hope you got a trailer), and 3 days. Oh, and you're gonna need a winch no matter how badass Tice thinks Toyotas are :D

Yeah, it's the trailer thing that's holding me up at this point... that and something to pull it with! I guess I need to get that Blazer back on the street and buy a trailer... cause I'm not about to drive my junk 150 miles. Trying to save up some cash and get everything paid off right now.. but I'll be sure to remember the offer! :naughty: :thumb:
New DD - 2003 Toy Quadcab Prerunner

Soon to be truggy from this carcass!
RIP! - 85 Toy PU @ 5", on 39.5 Pitbull Rockers, flat bed, York OBA, stretched to 111" WB, Marlin Crawler, 5:29's, Aussie Locker and Longs in the front/spool in the rear, crossover steering, doorless... most of the time!
chuggins143
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Tice » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Spinnas wrote:

C

:D
I don't need a winch, I wheel a Toyota!!!!

I'm a firm believer in the double standard!!!!!!!!

Toyman1994 wrote:
damn...well new or next husband i dont care just find one so i can get off the hook already
Tice

Unread postby CHEVYNTOY4X4 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:19 pm

winch at TM? only for heeps and full sizers :flipoff:

looks like fun day.... ill be out there the 22-24 if anyone wants to come up an run some tougher trails
ITS NOT ABOUT HOW FAR YOU GO ITS WHAT YOU BREAK ALONG THE WAY

SHITLLFABOUT ind.

86 yota sas'd

Keystone Crawler
CHEVYNTOY4X4
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Spinnas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:37 pm

CHEVYNTOY4X4 wrote:winch at TM? only for heeps and full sizers :flipoff:

looks like fun day.... ill be out there the 22-24 if anyone wants to come up an run some tougher trails

Bring your junk on a run and I GUARANTEE you'll be winching, no questions asked.
YJ pile of crap
Spinnas
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby CHEVYNTOY4X4 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:02 pm

BRING IT :D i drive my chit i dont sit an talk about it..... whats the trail initials(pm me it) i prob already ran it i know of 3 i havent run yet but are on the list the next two weeks

SHITLLFABOUT ind.

86 yota sas'd

Keystone Crawler
CHEVYNTOY4X4
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Spinnas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:12 pm

If you can run the buggy lines on LT, all of CD1 and CD2 with the big boy line on the CD2 fall, TW, AH with the big boy line and the 2nd fall, and all of DH without winching, then I'll be impressed. And yes, I've wheeled every trail out in TM except M. If you can make it through all those, then go try the trail that begins with M and start pulling out your cable.

I was up in TM around Christmas time and we pretty much ran everything except JD, UT, and the Raw Deals cause we didn't feel like wasting time and stickys, and they was 0 winch cable pulled, and all big boy lines.

I have only seen one Toyota run those trails without pulling cable and that is Uriel. It must be easy if the "jeep" guy can run it :roll:

It's not about how you wheel your shit, or not how you do it instead of talk about it, it's about knowing your rig. I for a fact know my rig is 50/50 on the big fall on CD2. If I feel I abused the rig enough for the day after trying a bunch of times, I'm fine with winching(yes I own a winch) or taking the bypass. I know what my rig can and can't do as I wheel it alot. I've wheeled almost every trail I've run multiple times, not just once. And I don't go into a new-to-me trail with an ego of how badass I am and how I'm not gonna winch as most "new" trails are harder and harder than the stuff most consider "hardcore buggy trails". I'm still down to wheel my shit though cause like I said, I know my rig VERY well.

I can think of a combination of the "3" that you haven't run and I know a handful of guys with rigs like yours that were excited to kick the ass of certain trails and went to run them for the 1st time and got handed, so just saying.
YJ pile of crap
Spinnas
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby Ashman » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:20 pm

We all know Miller has built the best thing since leaf springs... :D

:flipoff:
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby DUMASS » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:58 am

CHEVYNTOY4X4 wrote:BRING IT :D

PVT Martin Treptow wrote:America must win this war. Therefore, I will work, I will save, I will sacrifice, I will endure, I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the issue of the whole struggle depended on me alone.

U.S. Supreme Court wrote:It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from falling into error.
American Communications Association v. Douds, 339 U.S. 382,442
DUMASS
...DICK

drag race

Unread postby toby » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:30 pm

THANK YOU
drab xj
toby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby CHEVYNTOY4X4 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:20 pm

i wasnt been an ass about the winch i got one too.... as for those trails most ive done buggy lines though cd2 fall not with my old tires will try it with my new iroks though, cd1 made it through.... :oops: rolled my truck on the exit of it the first time through, lt done the one on the left the one on the right havent done due to the cage not fully done last time was out there

ok thought about it havent run 4 or 5 forgot about a couple

i wasnt refering to you as one to talk about wheeling your rig and not doing was just saying i try mostly anything i can. if i try something and get hurt thats part of the risk of this sport thats why we carry full medic bags :naughty: with morphine. i built m toy to wheel and thats what i try to do im still new to the sport, 2 years, but my truck changes with almost every trip i go out so i cant say like you " know your rigs capabilities" i push mine to its limits on everything i dont go into any trail thinkin im the best this trail aint got shit on me, i drive it and see what i can do if it kicks my ass thats part of the sport, and the challenge for next time

SHITLLFABOUT ind.

86 yota sas'd

Keystone Crawler
CHEVYNTOY4X4
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby 87pickup » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:38 am

I have yet to pull a winch line one any of the lines on cd2 including the last fall or the last 2 lines out of terminator. I agree uriel is a amazig driver and knows his rig better then anyone i have seen. Now twisted or die hard i havent run mainly because i dont know where it is and i am sure they are difficult but LT,UT,Dirty Sanchez, Predator, Annilator, Anaconda, CD1 and CD2 arent what they are sometimes made out to be. I think the last line to the right on terminator is harder than the fall on CD2. More pucker factor for sure.
87pickup
Training Wheels

Return to Arizona Trip Reports