cracks laborday weekend

Discuss and post pics of Arizona trail runs.

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

Unread postby scrambler 82 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:52 pm

My biggest concern was my wheelbase and lack of turning sharp once down in there! That is what killed me the most, I had my front on the rock ledge to the left, just couldn't get my rear where it needed to be :cry:

Oh well.

It was still a great time had by all that was there! And that is what it is ALL ABOUT!
D60 rear, 60 front 3 linked, spools, 5.38's and 39.5 IROK's, auto and a little 6 banger!
scrambler 82
Top Dawg
Top Dawg

Unread postby Spinnas » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Wish you guys would have stayed longer. We thought that certainly someone would be there. That's a long drive for 1 day.
YJ pile of crap
Spinnas
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby scrambler 82 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:07 pm

Spinnas wrote:
scrambler 82 wrote:Your buggy line #2 is where my front u-joint started crackling! Dropped down in there, turned left, kept trying to get my rear around, couldn't, tried a front dig, crackling-@#$% backed up and climbed up the other side to get out-more crackling before I got to the top and winched about 6 inches so I could disengage my front end and 2 wheel it back to camp!

I guess I don't have a "buggy" :D

I forgot to mention, that line you get a little bound up as well! Guess you found that out the hard way. The worse part is getting the front to climb spanning the gap, especially when your spotter doesn't have you far enough passenger and turning into it. The pics of my rig(Black YJ thingy) works but is the "hard" way. Notice how straight my tire is and not far enough passenger. The Red TJ buggy is alot nicer on parts and also less likely to fall in. Notice how far the tire is turned and how far passenger the tires is. Stickys, water, and suckdown also help for the exit to carry the rear without the front end of the rig unloading.

Ryan, I thought that was you when you drove by! Now I see you in one of the pics! I thought you were a SNOB :scratching:
D60 rear, 60 front 3 linked, spools, 5.38's and 39.5 IROK's, auto and a little 6 banger!
scrambler 82
Top Dawg
Top Dawg

Unread postby Spinnas » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:21 pm

When was this? The only people I saw up there was the Red Tracker and Blue Zuki on trailers heading south on the 377.....
YJ pile of crap
Spinnas
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby hugh jeffner » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:53 pm

ahhhh, reputations.....gotta love it!

scrambler 82 wrote:
Spinnas wrote:
scrambler 82 wrote:Your buggy line #2 is where my front u-joint started crackling! Dropped down in there, turned left, kept trying to get my rear around, couldn't, tried a front dig, crackling-@#$% backed up and climbed up the other side to get out-more crackling before I got to the top and winched about 6 inches so I could disengage my front end and 2 wheel it back to camp!

I guess I don't have a "buggy" :D

I forgot to mention, that line you get a little bound up as well! Guess you found that out the hard way. The worse part is getting the front to climb spanning the gap, especially when your spotter doesn't have you far enough passenger and turning into it. The pics of my rig(Black YJ thingy) works but is the "hard" way. Notice how straight my tire is and not far enough passenger. The Red TJ buggy is alot nicer on parts and also less likely to fall in. Notice how far the tire is turned and how far passenger the tires is. Stickys, water, and suckdown also help for the exit to carry the rear without the front end of the rig unloading.

Ryan, I thought that was you when you drove by! Now I see you in one of the pics! I thought you were a SNOB :scratching:
if i'd of known we were making history, i'd have paid closer attention (some dude in dust to glory)
hugh jeffner
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby scrambler 82 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:03 pm

Spinnas wrote:When was this? The only people I saw up there was the Red Tracker and Blue Zuki on trailers heading south on the 377.....

Just giving you crap-I heard you deserved it :shocked: I didn't see you up there, just in the picture :bow2:
scrambler 82
Top Dawg
Top Dawg

Unread postby Spinnas » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:03 pm

scrambler 82 wrote:
Spinnas wrote:When was this? The only people I saw up there was the Red Tracker and Blue Zuki on trailers heading south on the 377.....

Just giving you crap-I heard you deserved it :shocked: I didn't see you up there, just in the picture :bow2:

:thumb: Wish we would have ran into you guys. Was looking forward to wheeling with who ever was there, maybe next time. :cool:
YJ pile of crap
Spinnas
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby jchevy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:44 pm

Where is this trail at? I would like to check it out some time...
1993 XJ

D60 front, Ford 10.25" rear
jchevy
Training Wheels

Unread postby Spinnas » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:01 pm

jchevy wrote:Where is this trail at? I would like to check it out some time...

In Arizona. Certain individuals need to be contacted for a run out there as they are the "caretakers". Best bet is to find a planned run.
YJ pile of crap
Spinnas
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby bakednaz » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:52 pm

Spinnas wrote:

In Arizona. Certain individuals need to be contacted for a run out there as they are the "caretakers". Best bet is to find a planned run.

Good call Spinnas, this is one of those locations that we dont want to post directions on a public forum. For those that havent been you would be surprised at how little trash there is on the trail. In fact i believe none.
bakednaz
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Unread postby azzuki » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:09 pm

I must say I was impressed at how clean the area was, and glad that we all keep it that way :thumb: .
64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday
I don't need to understand your Jeep thing, just get my mail delivered on time!!!
azzuki
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Unread postby scrambler 82 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:47 pm

bakednaz wrote:
Spinnas wrote:

Good call Spinnas, this is one of those locations that we dont want to post directions on a public forum. For those that havent been you would be surprised at how little trash there is on the trail. In fact i believe none.

I also am proud to all the fellow wheelers out there that have wheeled at the cracks and have picked up their trash-it was very clean my first outing and this one also.(I did pick up a broken hub on the side of the road)

As far as being"public" I think that Toyman has fixed that, you have to be registered to see most of the forum-but what do I know!

Either way, great place to wheel and by all means, go with someone.
scrambler 82
Top Dawg
Top Dawg

Unread postby archangel » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:56 pm

I didnt see anything out there all weekend trash wise...it was pretty awesome...
archangel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Spinnas » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Yep, I called up Bill and Justin(the "caretakers" if you will) as they wanted an update on the trails to see if they needed to do any maintenance. Everything was good except for all the mud everywhere. Although I did pick up one aluminum can, that's all I saw. Like I said, if you want to run out there, wait for a planned run as the people that are planning it would already be in contact with Bill, Justin, etc...
YJ pile of crap
Spinnas
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby G-Eagle » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:46 pm

Ryan, please plan one!!!

I am a couple weeks out on my new axle's upgrade.
78 CJ7 V8 700R4, 3.06:1 Tera low, 2x stik, X'd up 609 front -ARB, N9 rear- Spool, 4-link, 513's
2007 Dodge 4x 2500 diesel
G-Eagle
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Unread postby bakednaz » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Shoot me a PM when you go or plan a trip. I'll try like heck to make it out.
bakednaz
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Unread postby azzuki » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Baked, :flipoff3: :mad2: LOL.. I wish I lived closer.
64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday
I don't need to understand your Jeep thing, just get my mail delivered on time!!!
azzuki
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Unread postby bakednaz » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:44 am

azzuki wrote:Baked, :flipoff3: :mad2: LOL.. I wish I lived closer.
:p :flipoff:
bakednaz
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Unread postby 91runner » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:50 pm

pm me how far out of Tucson is this? is it close? i would love to hit it if it is close...
91runner
Training Wheels

Unread postby 91runner » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:47 pm

bump
91runner
Training Wheels

Unread postby bakednaz » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:13 pm

From Tucson your looking at about a 5 hour drive.
bakednaz
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Unread postby cook_141 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:49 pm

5hrs from tucson must be driving a Zuki i can make there in 4 hrs as soon as i get my yj back togather i ll take some tucson people to run the rivers in morenci
It make sense if you don't think about it
cook_141
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Previous

Return to Arizona Trip Reports