Chimney Rock - Sunday 08/23

Discuss and post pics of Arizona trail runs.

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

Chimney Rock - Sunday 08/23

Unread postby chuggins143 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:01 pm

Well you guys missed some great wheeling! I'd never been out to Chimney Rock and I must say it's just one big play ground for anyone with a rig! I just gotta get a cage put in my junk so I can go and drive some of the lines that I was temped to drive but didn't due to a over active sense of self preservation! :naughty:

Big thanks to Jim (aka Dumass) for the introduction to CR! :bow2: I had a great time. Nice to meet you Rob! (don't remember your sig) Too bad the rain came and forced us to leave. :cry:

I can totally see camping out there and the nice thing is that anyone can get there. Rigs from wild to mild can find something to play on. You might even get a stock JEEP out there! :p
New DD - 2003 Toy Quadcab Prerunner

Soon to be truggy from this carcass!
RIP! - 85 Toy PU @ 5", on 39.5 Pitbull Rockers, flat bed, York OBA, stretched to 111" WB, Marlin Crawler, 5:29's, Aussie Locker and Longs in the front/spool in the rear, crossover steering, doorless... most of the time!
chuggins143
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:06 am

I've been out there a couple times and I always had fun out there.

But, gotta say it, WHERES THE PICS? :p
o2bgpn wrote:Chesty women smacking hairy balls with tennis rackets. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or go rub one out.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds Tice's truck together.

I don't forget, my brain just disregards insignificant details in my sleep.

Friend and Inspiration..RIP Josh.
Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby hugh jeffner » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:36 am

get on facebook sucka! he posted them over there..... :p
if i'd of known we were making history, i'd have paid closer attention (some dude in dust to glory)
hugh jeffner
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby DUMASS » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:30 pm

it did get moist :D
Last edited by DUMASS on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PVT Martin Treptow wrote:America must win this war. Therefore, I will work, I will save, I will sacrifice, I will endure, I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the issue of the whole struggle depended on me alone.

U.S. Supreme Court wrote:It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from falling into error.
American Communications Association v. Douds, 339 U.S. 382,442
DUMASS
...DICK

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:53 pm

thank you Jim :bow2:

finally you are good for something other than a pain in my ass :p :laughing:
o2bgpn wrote:Chesty women smacking hairy balls with tennis rackets. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or go rub one out.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds Tice's truck together.

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby DUMASS » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:13 pm

:flipoff:
Last edited by DUMASS on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PVT Martin Treptow wrote:America must win this war. Therefore, I will work, I will save, I will sacrifice, I will endure, I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the issue of the whole struggle depended on me alone.

U.S. Supreme Court wrote:It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from falling into error.
DUMASS
...DICK

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Nice work!!

Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby DUMASS » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:16 pm

hugh jeffner wrote:get on facebook sucka! he posted them over there..... :p

Fix your junk yet? I know Spinnas is broke.

DUMASS
...DICK

Unread postby chuggins143 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:52 pm

RIP! - 85 Toy PU @ 5", on 39.5 Pitbull Rockers, flat bed, York OBA, stretched to 111" WB, Marlin Crawler, 5:29's, Aussie Locker and Longs in the front/spool in the rear, crossover steering, doorless... most of the time!
chuggins143
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby hellraizer » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:40 am

That climb in the videos is a bitch, I tried that thing tons of times in my old rig and was never able to make it up, and I had a 123" wheelbase which usually made things like that a peice of cake!
%@#$!!!!!!
hellraizer
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Unread postby Ashman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:29 am

fags.... :D
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby chuggins143 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:33 am

Yeah, I'm thinking water in the fronts, less air (I was running about 6-7 psi) and a little more hp and I should make it... problem is that you really need to be leaned over a bit to hit the line right and without a cage I'm more worried about crushing the cab with me in it than I am about messing up the truck. :D

chuggins143
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby hugh jeffner » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:45 am

:naughty:
Attachments
motivator7931446rs.jpg
Last edited by hugh jeffner on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if i'd of known we were making history, i'd have paid closer attention (some dude in dust to glory)
hugh jeffner
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby chuggins143 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:42 pm

hugh jeffner wrote:dooooode! is there anything left of that tree? :shocked:

It looked alot worse than it was... I pulled a small limb out that got wedged under my hood... I was worried about it when I realised I'd gotten that far over, but it's in good shape. :thumb:

chuggins143
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby DUMASS » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Ashman wrote:

fags.... :D

Where are the pics you took Dave? :p

DUMASS
...DICK

Unread postby hugh jeffner » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:49 pm

DUMASS wrote:

i've got a lot of stuff to fix/upgrade, prolly gonna be down till about Halloween or so.

your line up that fall was unique to say the least, i've only ever seen two other guys make it, and it was straight on both times with a momma sized bump from the bottom. nice job!
hugh jeffner
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby DUMASS » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:47 pm

hugh jeffner wrote:
DUMASS wrote:

i've got a lot of stuff to fix/upgrade, prolly gonna be down till about Halloween or so.

your line up that fall was unique to say the least, i've only ever seen two other guys make it, and it was straight on both times with a momma sized bump from the bottom. nice job!

Thanks, once the rr hopped the first ledge it was almost a crawl.
So you guys were out at chiva that day or sat?

DUMASS
...DICK

Re: Chimney Rock - Sunday 08/23

Unread postby Spinnas » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:51 pm

chuggins143 wrote:You might even get a stock JEEP out there! :p

You mean like this? Running the lines that you ran :p Don't make me bolt the stock axles back up :wtf:

YJ pile of crap
Spinnas
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby DUMASS » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:01 pm

Spinnas wrote:Don't make me bolt the stock axles back up :wtf:

Yeah, your springs are on backwards, the shackle goes in back :flipoff:

DUMASS
...DICK

Unread postby Spinnas » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:25 pm

DUMASS wrote:
Spinnas wrote:Don't make me bolt the stock axles back up :wtf:

Yeah, your springs are on backwards, the shackle goes in back :flipoff:

It does now!
YJ pile of crap
Spinnas
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby chuggins143 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Spinnas wrote:
chuggins143 wrote:You might even get a stock JEEP out there! :p

You mean like this? Running the lines that you ran :p Don't make me bolt the stock axles back up :wtf:

Feel free to do so! I like watching Jeep guys replace parts! :p

chuggins143
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Spinnas » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:55 pm

chuggins143 wrote:

The sad part is I never broke anything. Including running probably every trail all the allmighty Toyotas have run. No lockers, no frill, just pure driving. The list of trails I tackled in stock form is very very long. All of them were with option lines and no winching. Only trail I tried and had to take a strap was AA on the first fall(obviously). Drove everything else though :cool: I still laugh about watching a certain run on AA on a TV show in which you need lockers front and rear and a whole day to run it. :D
YJ pile of crap
Spinnas
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby chuggins143 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:24 pm

Spinnas wrote:
chuggins143 wrote:

The sad part is I never broke anything. Including running probably every trail all the allmighty Toyotas have run. No lockers, no frill, just pure driving. The list of trails I tackled in stock form is very very long. All of them were with option lines and no winching. Only trail I tried and had to take a strap was AA on the first fall(obviously). Drove everything else though :cool: I still laugh about watching a certain run on AA on a TV show in which you need lockers front and rear and a whole day to run it. :D

Obviously you weren't trying hard enough! :p

Seriously though, driving a open rig just makes you pick better lines.. IMHO. Bring that thing out next time and we'll play follow the leader! :naughty: I actually started out in a XJ, but once I realized that when I rolled it the whole truck would be garbage I started looking at options and then Sam took me out in his runner... done deal! :D

chuggins143
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby DUMASS » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:26 pm

Spinnas wrote:I tried and had to take a strapon

:shocked: Dude 'cmon...this is a family site...keep it tasteful

but ya, toyota would be the top :flipoff:

DUMASS
...DICK

Unread postby BackNBlackTJ » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:30 pm

Spinnas wrote:
chuggins143 wrote:

Ahhh but you did have the advantage of running those ultra-sticky Remington Red labels... :thumb:
98' TJ, 4.0, AX15, blah, blah, blah, mangled sheet metal, and rattle can paint.
BackNBlackTJ
Training Wheels

Next

Return to Arizona Trip Reports