Table Mesa, March 9 or 10

Post upcoming runs here

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

Table Mesa, March 9 or 10

Unread postby Stealth 4x4 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Anyone want to run something out at TM this weekend? Post up if you're interested.

:cheers:

~John

'85 4Runner, 37's, 5.29's, locked F&R, Longs, exo, dual t-cases, winch, etc.
Stealth 4x4
Training Wheels

Re: Table Mesa, March 9 or 10

Unread postby gpn » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:48 pm

If you're not going "too hardcore" I'd be interested... My rig is in the sig. I'd be interested in a day of wheeling. Maybe the 10th. That is just down the road from me..
'99 XJ
4.88's, lockers, rockrails, long arms, custom "self-clearancing" mods
gpn
Training Wheels

Unread postby Stealth 4x4 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Since "too hardcore" can be pretty subjective depending on who you're talking with... Which Table Mesa trails are your speed? Based on the rating system I'm used to (scale of 1-5) I like to run in the 3-4 range... you know, leave the buggy lines for the buggy guys but hit anything I have a reasonable chance of making it through in my build. So I have fun on trails like Lower Terminator, Anaconda, Predator, Judgement Day, etc. Would like to run Collateral Damage but only with the right group of rigs/wheelers. And I know there are a bunch of other trails out there which could be possibilities too.

In the last week I ran the Black Canyon Trail twice and had fun both times, even though its pretty easy. So I enjoy the scenic stuff too. Would be fun to get back up to run Joe's Ridge out by Tip-Top again too. Sometimes the longer less technical stuff can be a lot of fun, even though I have fun in the big rocks too. In the past we've done a rock trail in the morning, then headed out one of the longer easier trails in the afternoon to make a full day of wheeling out of it. But sometimes we spend the day in the rocks... I'm pretty easy.
Stealth 4x4
Training Wheels

Unread postby gpn » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Stealth 4x4 wrote:Since "too hardcore" can be pretty subjective depending on who you're talking with... Which Table Mesa trails are your speed? Based on the rating system I'm used to (scale of 1-5) I like to run in the 3-4 range... you know, leave the buggy lines for the buggy guys but hit anything I have a reasonable chance of making it through in my build. So I have fun on trails like Lower Terminator, Anaconda, Predator, Judgement Day, etc. Would like to run Collateral Damage but only with the right group of rigs/wheelers. And I know there are a bunch of other trails out there which could be possibilities too.

In the last week I ran the Black Canyon Trail twice and had fun both times, even though its pretty easy. So I enjoy the scenic stuff too. Would be fun to get back up to run Joe's Ridge out by Tip-Top again too. Sometimes the longer less technical stuff can be a lot of fun, even though I have fun in the big rocks too. In the past we've done a rock trail in the morning, then headed out one of the longer easier trails in the afternoon to make a full day of wheeling out of it. But sometimes we spend the day in the rocks... I'm pretty easy.

I'd run 3-4 trails. I'll talk to the gf and see what we can do. I haven't wheeled much at all in AZ so I can't compare much. In moab terms... I'd run pritchett or green day anytime. Does that help? MY biggest limiting factor is approach/departure angle. I need to do a little trimming still.
'99 XJ
gpn
Training Wheels

Unread postby Stealth 4x4 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Oh yeah, we're golden then. Get the rig together and we'll find plenty to run at TM this weekend. :cheers:

Any other takers?
Stealth 4x4
Training Wheels

Unread postby gpn » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:28 pm

I've just got to tighten some link bolts, grease some stuff and maybe a new dist cap and rotor. Otherwise the tank is topped off and ready to roll! maybe that is a bad choice of words... lol
'99 XJ
gpn
Training Wheels

Unread postby gpn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Hey man, I'll be good for sunday. What time at the th?

here is my number: 864-8tootoo6. Flag area code...
'99 XJ
gpn
Training Wheels

Unread postby Stealth 4x4 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:34 pm

How about 0900 on Sunday at the first air-down.
Stealth 4x4
Training Wheels

Unread postby Stealth 4x4 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:50 pm

PM sent.
Stealth 4x4
Training Wheels

Unread postby Stealth 4x4 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:37 am

Hey gpn....

If you're not coming from too far, any chance you can make it out at 0800 on Sunday instead of 0900? Another yota guy just PM'ed me that he wants to come out, but he has to leave the trail at noon to make a 1:00pm appointment in PHX. Either works for me, but if we can accomodate him it'd give us another capable rig to wheel with. I wheeled with him a few times. He rolls on 37's, locked, etc, (SAS'ed double cab Tacoma, silver). His name is Carlton.
Stealth 4x4
Training Wheels

Unread postby Ashman » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:26 pm

gpn wrote:
Stealth 4x4 wrote:Since "too hardcore" can be pretty subjective depending on who you're talking with... Which Table Mesa trails are your speed? Based on the rating system I'm used to (scale of 1-5) I like to run in the 3-4 range... you know, leave the buggy lines for the buggy guys but hit anything I have a reasonable chance of making it through in my build. So I have fun on trails like Lower Terminator, Anaconda, Predator, Judgement Day, etc. Would like to run Collateral Damage but only with the right group of rigs/wheelers. And I know there are a bunch of other trails out there which could be possibilities too.

I'd run 3-4 trails. I'll talk to the gf and see what we can do. I haven't wheeled much at all in AZ so I can't compare much. In moab terms... I'd run pritchett or green day anytime. Does that help? MY biggest limiting factor is approach/departure angle. I need to do a little trimming still.

I think you'll do fine might want to skip anaconda and collateral they are harder
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Stealth 4x4 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:28 pm

Thanks for the tips... Yeah, CD is on the list for when we a good group of well built rigs together. I ran Anaconda last weekend with a couple other Yotas, so I've got some fresh footage from that one. Here's a vid showing the trail conditions rolling through in my runner as of a week ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8KjyeqMEHY

Both '85 Yotas ahead of me took a bit of passenger door and bed corner rockrash on Anaconda, FYI. One was on 39.5's the other on 35's. The one on 35's got diffed out and hung up for a while until he got on the right line. My runner just rubbed exo tube through there, but it gets a little tight coming out of that spot near the end of the vid.

I've got some vids of other TM trails on my youtube page if you get bored and want to see what some of our Table Mesa options are...

Optional buggy line in LT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbfLtnwsU8I

Lots of optional lines on LT, but do-able on 33's and IFS with one locker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRrOIzEl7fU

Judgement day - some footage of line choices up the largest waterfall on this trail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUBZZV7yorc

Predator - one of the tight spots near the end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbaclRJEHXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACZS6fkdQSw

Lots more vids up of lots of other trails on my page, and more of these trails too if you want to get a sneak preview.
Stealth 4x4
Training Wheels

Unread postby Stealth 4x4 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:33 am

Its on for TM on Sunday... 0800 at the second (main) airdown on the left. Let's get some. :thumb:

Not too late for someone else to jump in on this. I've also got an empty seat since the little lady decided to pass on this run.

The 3 rigs currently signed up are locked, armored w/ recovery points, geared on 35's (1 rig)and 37's (2 rigs). CB CH 7.
Stealth 4x4
Training Wheels

Unread postby gpn » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:26 am

Ashman wrote:
gpn wrote:

I think you'll do fine might want to skip anaconda and collateral they are harder

CD might be bad, I don't know since we didn't try it, but Anaconda was easy peasy for me, but it sure was fun! I must have the right wheelbase for it or something.
'99 XJ
gpn
Training Wheels

Return to Arizona Runs