Lower Mansfield (Patagonia) Sunday Sept. 2nd

Post upcoming runs here

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

Lower Mansfield (Patagonia) Sunday Sept. 2nd

Unread postby Nordstrom » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:20 am

Gonna run Lower Mansfield and maybe Upper as well. Meet 6:00 am Sunday Sept. 2nd at Road Runner market on southeast corner of Houghton/Sahuarita Rd and then caravan down to Patagonia & air down at high school parking lot and hit the trail.

Eddie
'85 Toyota Xtra cab
Nordstrom
Training Wheels

Re: Lower Mansfield (Patagonia) Sunday Sept. 2nd

Unread postby Ashman » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:02 pm

That would be fun and is close but well be up in Sedona this weekend.
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby DUMASS » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Any way to meet up there? We were talking about going fishing at either Patagonia or Parker Canyon lakes. What time do you think you'll actually hit the trail?
PVT Martin Treptow wrote:America must win this war. Therefore, I will work, I will save, I will sacrifice, I will endure, I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the issue of the whole struggle depended on me alone.

U.S. Supreme Court wrote:It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from falling into error.
American Communications Association v. Douds, 339 U.S. 382,442
DUMASS
...DICK

Unread postby Nordstrom » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:37 pm

I'd guess we would probably be leaving the high school parking lot in Patagonia around 7am or so after airing down. Meet at the Roadrunner at 6am give 15 minutes in case someones running late then drive down to Patagonia. Of course that also depends on how many people respond. Right now I'm only expecting one other vehicle. The fewer the vehicle the quicker things tend to go.
'85 Toyota Xtra cab
Nordstrom
Training Wheels

Unread postby DUMASS » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Why does everyone plan all the cool shit on the same day!! :doh!:

We've never done that trail afaik, it looks like a pretty cool trail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LiH9CN9 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Oj2byRd6M0

sure is a lot of red on the new maps :mad:
http://www.fs.fed.us/nepa/nepa_project_ ... ject=29223

72A and 4092 are red in the proposed map:
http://a123.g.akamai.net/7/123/11558/ab ... 117388.pdf

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/coronado/ ... rdb5350845

better get it while we can :mad:
PVT Martin Treptow wrote:America must win this war. Therefore, I will work, I will save, I will sacrifice, I will endure, I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the issue of the whole struggle depended on me alone.

U.S. Supreme Court wrote:It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from falling into error.
American Communications Association v. Douds, 339 U.S. 382,442
DUMASS
...DICK

Unread postby 88Toy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:38 pm

I'm in. My weekend off FINALLY coincided with somebody else goin wheelin!

Scott
88 Toyota Pickup, R151F, 4" SAS, 63" Chevs, 35's, 5.29's, HP front, V6 rear, Aussie's, Bumpers & Sliders, Warn 8274, 3.4 swap and Dual Ultimate in progress.
88Toy
Training Wheels

Unread postby DanB98TJ » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:34 pm

DUMASS wrote:Why does everyone plan all the cool shit on the same day!! :doh!:

We've never done that trail afaik, it looks like a pretty cool trail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LiH9CN9 ... re=related

Funny...that's my XJ in the video...:)

Wish I could make it on the run - Lower Mansfield is a fun trail. It was a pretty good challenge for the XJ since it was basically stock at the time: no skids, no lockers, crappy tires. Still has no skids or lockers, but at least I have new tires and some rocker protection now. It was a cake walk with the old TJ...although I did rip two tires within about a mile on one trip.

It has been well over a year since the video was taken. The trail was pretty overgrown at the time but was still passable. With the heavy rains this summer it could have some interesting changes.
Now:
1996 XJ, 4.0L/AW4/NP242
HP D30/8.25, 3.55 & open both ends. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50x15 BFG ATs. Homemade rocker protection & front bumper.
Before:
1998 TJ, 4.0, 5-speed
Lifted with 35's. D44/HP D30 with 4.88s and Detroits. Tera 4:1, 2-low. Homemade bumpers and lots of armor
DanB98TJ
Training Wheels

Unread postby Nordstrom » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:30 am

Excellent day! It wast just 88Toy and myself. We left the Roadrunner at closer to 6:30am after waiting for a friend who ended up with mechanical issues. We were going to air down at the high school but the parking lot was locked up. Maybe because of the holiday? So we drove down the road and aired down at a forest designated parking area.

The trail was fairly overgrown with weeds, branches and a few fallen trees. Nice and green from the rains. Pools of water in the creek bed made it more challenging and added to the fun. Nothing our 35's and f & r lockers couldn't handle. There was only one spot where our first attempts were unsuccesful. Both of us ended up with a ding and a scrape on the left rear from a tight squeeze between a boulder and a tree stump.

We did Upper Mansfield too. Not as challenging but still a good run and was worth doing.

This was 88Toy's first real run since completing his SAS. Everything worked great. Neither of us had any mechanical issues. Made it back home to Tucson by 2pm.
'85 Toyota Xtra cab
Nordstrom
Training Wheels

Unread postby Ashman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:20 am

Sounds fun.
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby 88Toy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Yep, it was a blast. Finally got my truck trail ready and got to learn some wheeling tips from an experienced guy like Eddie. I probably wouldn't have tried some of the things I did if I hadn't seen him do it first.

The dude that didn't show because of the mechanical issue got it fixed. He and another guy talked me into doing the Gap today. They are nuts and scared the crap out of me. They went places I didn't think possible and did it on 33's. Some of the places they tried they didn't make. My 88 Toy did though! I about sh-t doing it, but I did it. I'm hooked and ready for more.

I can see how some of you guys end up building those bad ass rigs. Easy to get addicted to stuff like this.
88 Toyota Pickup, R151F, 4" SAS, 63" Chevs, 35's, 5.29's, HP front, V6 rear, Aussie's, Bumpers & Sliders, Warn 8274, 3.4 swap and Dual Ultimate in progress.
88Toy
Training Wheels

Unread postby madzukr » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:54 am

never been there.looks like fun.
madzukr
Boggers
Boggers

Return to Arizona Runs