SAN FRANCISCO RIVER MEMORIAL WEEKEND RUN AND CAMPOUT MAY 25

Post upcoming runs here

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

SAN FRANCISCO RIVER MEMORIAL WEEKEND RUN AND CAMPOUT MAY 25

Unread postby bigobambam » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:29 pm

YEAH IT'S GETTING THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN FOLKS. HIGHWAY 92 SERVICE CENTER AND THE COCHISE CANYON CRAWLERS FROM BISBEE, ARE HEADING TO THE FRISCO RIVER IN HOPES OF MEETING UP WITH THE JAGGED EDGE CREW AND FRIENDS UP IN CLIFTON AND MORENCI, FOR SOME GOOD OLD FASHIONED WHEELING, CAMPING, FISHING AND SWIMMING. WE ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THE GALS AND GUYS FROM THE YEARS BEFORE AND HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN THIS YEAR. YOU GILA VALLEY GUYS AND GALS, WE HOPE, WILL JOIN US THIS YEAR ALSO. WE WILL BE THERE MAY 25TH THROUGH JUNE 3RD. WE USUALLY HAVE A GOOD RUN AND PLAN TO RUN THE RIVER SATURDAY MAY 26TH, 27TH, AND 28TH. EVERYONE IS WELCOME, SO COME ON OUT AND TEST THE WATER........LITERALLY !!! YOU CAN CALL ONEY AT 520 249 4400 OR E-MAIL bigobambam@cableone.net for more information
1987 F-250 Fordman A bad day on the trails is better than any day at work
bigobambam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: SAN FRANCISCO RIVER MEMORIAL WEEKEND RUN AND CAMPOUT MAY 25

Unread postby scrambler 82 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:30 am

Sounds like a plan Oney.
D60 rear, 60 front 3 linked, spools, 5.38's and 39.5 IROK's, auto and a little 6 banger!
scrambler 82
Top Dawg
Top Dawg

Unread postby bigobambam » Wed May 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Well hello Rick, It'll be niceto see you again this year. Hope all is well in your world. We'll see you late May I hope.
bigobambam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby TallGuy » Wed May 09, 2012 6:56 pm

I am out of town that whole week, but I may be back in time to play on Saturday. May just ride though - don't see myself getting my front shafts swapped before then. We'll see, this is always my favorite run of the year! :thumb:
TallGuy

Unread postby scrambler 82 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:30 pm

bigobambam wrote:Well hello Rick, It'll be niceto see you again this year. Hope all is well in your world. We'll see you late May I hope.

Trying to get my front 60 ready :bluebounce: Just got the ring and pinion set, then fix the tie rod end tapers hopefully tomorrow after I buy a reamer, then start swapping everything over or under :scratching: whichever!

Either way, I will be there Friday-Sunday for sure-44 or 60!

Hope to see everyone there! Its always a blast and maybe a little carnage :moon:
D60 rear, 60 front 3 linked, spools, 5.38's and 39.5 IROK's, auto and a little 6 banger!
scrambler 82
Top Dawg
Top Dawg

Unread postby scrambler 82 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:31 pm

TallGuy wrote:I am out of town that whole week, but I may be back in time to play on Saturday. May just ride though - don't see myself getting my front shafts swapped before then. We'll see, this is always my favorite run of the year! :thumb:

Get off your butt and get'r done :naughty:
scrambler 82
Top Dawg
Top Dawg

Unread postby bigobambam » Thu May 10, 2012 7:37 am

Yeah I'm in the middle of a major rebuilding also. Retired my Bronco last year after the river trip and ended up swapping all the frame and drivetrain to another customer build. I'm getting a much larger fullsize ready. 1987 F-250 D60 front, Sterling 10.5 rear. 5.38 geared. 44 x 20 run flat beadlocks, 460,a/t, flatbedded, extended cab. I always seem to need more rig for my business of off road recovery,hunting, and so fourth. This is not a hard core rock crawler, but it will be very capable when I'm finshed i hope. planning on hydro steer or at least ram assist. Arb or something like that. not going to be all that at this time, though should be at least drivable. Lol :thumb:
bigobambam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby bigobambam » Thu May 10, 2012 7:39 am

Tucker it's always good to see you. hope you can join us. Did see the thread where you and josh did P- ranch. Damm, you should have those axles fixed by now.....Lol
bigobambam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby huntfish » Thu May 10, 2012 10:11 am

I'll be ther Friday-Sunday in my Cherokee.
huntfish
Training Wheels

Unread postby bigobambam » Thu May 10, 2012 11:12 am

huntfish wrote:I'll be ther Friday-Sunday in my Cherokee.

That will be cool, looking forward to meeting you and hanging out.
bigobambam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby TallGuy » Thu May 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Too many softball games, baseball games, and other projects around the house. Wish I had time to sit! :laughing: I go to work to rest...
TallGuy

Unread postby bigobambam » Thu May 10, 2012 5:06 pm

TallGuy wrote:Too many softball games, baseball games, and other projects around the house. Wish I had time to sit! :laughing: I go to work to rest...

I used to do all that too........Then I got fat and sassy. Lol :laughing: How about any of the other guys, Donnie, Freddie and their crew ? I got the crew from Sierra Vista....at least some of them coming also. Was wondering about that Porta potty they used to put up there too?
bigobambam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby bigobambam » Thu May 10, 2012 7:48 pm

scrambler 82 wrote:
bigobambam wrote:Well hello Rick, It'll be niceto see you again this year. Hope all is well in your world. We'll see you late May I hope.

Trying to get my front 60 ready :bluebounce: Just got the ring and pinion set, then fix the tie rod end tapers hopefully tomorrow after I buy a reamer, then start swapping everything over or under :scratching: whichever!

Either way, I will be there Friday-Sunday for sure-44 or 60!

Hope to see everyone there! Its always a blast and maybe a little carnage :moon:

In the 15 years that I have been going Rick, Carnage has become normal however there has been eight trips out of 15 that I faired pretty well with only minor setbacks like broken fishing poles, u-joints and what have you. Lol :rothflmao:
bigobambam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby scrambler 82 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:49 pm

:innocent: I hear ya Oney, I think I've escaped a few from carnage also but it still is fun even with a few radiators, stub shaft, a front drive shaft and a pinion yoke. I hope that the "normal bunch" makes it out, always good to see them again since I'm an outsider now also.

Wow, I can't believe you got rid of the pink beast. How about the early bronco, you still have it?
scrambler 82
Top Dawg
Top Dawg

Unread postby AZ J20 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:59 am

One of my favorite trips. The J20 is ready to go but not sure about myself again this year. Sucks getting old.
Putting up the stats; made it all the way through two out of four times and only one broken front driveshaft.
steve

'86 J20
SOA, Dana 60's, F/R Lockers
High Steer, Ram Assist
Bunch of Other Stuff
AZ J20
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby bigobambam » Fri May 11, 2012 8:48 am

AZ J20 wrote:One of my favorite trips. The J20 is ready to go but not sure about myself again this year. Sucks getting old.
Putting up the stats; made it all the way through two out of four times and only one broken front driveshaft.

Boy, I remember that one year you tried to endure though you come down real sick. I got real sick that year also but ended up staying and making it through to where I had a few good days health at about the 7th through 10th day. Sure be good to see ya again this year. :cool:
bigobambam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby bigobambam » Fri May 11, 2012 8:59 am

scrambler 82 wrote::innocent: I hear ya Oney, I think I've escaped a few from carnage also but it still is fun even with a few radiators, stub shaft, a front drive shaft and a pinion yoke. I hope that the "normal bunch" makes it out, always good to see them again since I'm an outsider now also.

Wow, I can't believe you got rid of the pink beast. How about the early bronco, you still have it?

Yeah Rick......everyone wondered why I decided to part the ol Pink bunny out cuz it's been with me for 15 to 20 years, about 7 engines, about 4 conversions from A/t to Std trans, been as far south as Guyamas,Mexico to Colorado new mexico and every place in between. Finances were the main reason and change was accepted begrudgingly.
The 1st gen Bronco is still in my yard collecting dust and spiders. The people would never get me the title for it. So I finally got hold of them about 20 days ago and while up at the river, I will try and secure the title at that time.
I don't consider you an outsider at all Rick, You and your family (especially seeing those boys grow up) have always been dear to our gang thats for sure. :bow2:
bigobambam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby scrambler 82 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:02 pm

Steve, it would be nice if you could make it back to the Frisco, it's been a while for you.

Oney, I was referencing me being an outsider from Morenci/Clifton area, but thanks, I agree about the getting older, kids growing up and such.

It would even be nice to get Tice, Ryan and that bunch back up there as well, who knows, maybe even Ashman?

Pretty sure the local bunch will be there.
scrambler 82
Top Dawg
Top Dawg

Unread postby bigobambam » Fri May 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Don't get to here much about Tice anymore. Haven't heard what those ol boys are up to latley. Ashman either. But who knows, when they see this thread maybe they will come on board. :naughty:
bigobambam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby TallGuy » Fri May 11, 2012 6:54 pm

Obey, got any spare d44 shafts? :naughty:
TallGuy

Unread postby scrambler 82 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:09 pm

I got a complete 44 :whip:
scrambler 82
Top Dawg
Top Dawg

Unread postby TallGuy » Fri May 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Just need the shafts. :flipoff:
TallGuy

Unread postby bigobambam » Sat May 12, 2012 8:55 am

TallGuy wrote:Just need the shafts. :flipoff:

As a matter of fact.......yes. I'll bring some completes very used and buildable to you. This will include the short side w stub and the long side w stub. Need to know if your long side is c-cliped or not? usually a c-clip style has the accessable cover on the front of your ttb housing. :cheers:
bigobambam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby bigobambam » Sat May 12, 2012 8:59 am

bigobambam wrote:
TallGuy wrote:Just need the shafts. :flipoff:

As a matter of fact.......yes. I'll bring some completes very used and buildable to you. This will include the short side w stub and the long side w stub. Need to know if your long side is c-cliped or not? usually a c-clip style has the accessable cover on the front of your ttb housing. :cheers:

Orcome down and get them. the price is right. If you come down and get them $50.00 for all. If you have me bring them to you before the river trip. $50.00 plus my fuel to and from. If you have me bring them on the trip and you don't put them in at that time to wheel with us......$100.00 for all.Lol :whip:
bigobambam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby bigobambam » Sat May 12, 2012 9:03 am

Now if you have install a mono beam high pinion into that rig of yours, I have those shafts too. they are a little more pricey at $50.00 each. and stock stub shafts $40.00 each.
bigobambam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Next

Return to Arizona Runs