Rear Dana 44 disc brake conversion

Post your Binder related Tech here.

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

Rear Dana 44 disc brake conversion

Unread postby bigredxj » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:41 am

I know this subject is floating around the web, but I just can't find the info I need. My rear D44 on my XJ is from a '72 Scout II, and I'm going to change out the drums for discs. I can't find exactly what vehicle to use the rotors from for the conversion. I've heard of people using Bronco rotors, but have to machine down the flange of the axleshaft for them to fit - I'm not willing to do that. Has anyone put in the El Dorado rear calipers w/ parking brakes? How well do they work?

Thanks for any input you can provide.
bigredxj
Training Wheels

Re: Rear Dana 44 disc brake conversion

Unread postby BornReadyBinder » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:08 am

bigredxj wrote:I know this subject is floating around the web, but I just can't find the info I need. My rear D44 on my XJ is from a '72 Scout II, and I'm going to change out the drums for discs. I can't find exactly what vehicle to use the rotors from for the conversion. I've heard of people using Bronco rotors, but have to machine down the flange of the axleshaft for them to fit - I'm not willing to do that. Has anyone put in the El Dorado rear calipers w/ parking brakes? How well do they work?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

I have heard of guys using Dodge ramcharger rotors, but Im not sure. I have a kit from Warn, and I believe I used redrilled GM rotors...I dont remember.

There is a guy in our scout club that has a complete kit with eldorado calipers for sale. Its new and has never been installed. I am going tomorrow to Tucson the pick up the High steer stuff from him. Here is the link to his stuff for sale. I think he is very resonable on the price. Maybe $200 or something?...just guessing. Make him an offer. he seems easy to deal with. Anyway, sorry I couldnt be more help tech wise.

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/show ... hp?t=93721

And here is a link to the exact kit he has.

http://www.steeltechsolutions.com/REAR_ ... _CODE.html

His name is Jeff, and his phone number is (520)869-0831. Tell him Jared told ya about it. :D
BornReadyBinder
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby bigredxj » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:48 am

Awesome! Thanks for the help!
bigredxj
Training Wheels

Return to Binder Tech