Hey there Binder Peeps...

Post your Binder related Tech here.

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

Hey there Binder Peeps...

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:31 pm

Ok, so we have been getting more and more "Binders" on the board lately and hell, if Dodges and Zuks get their own forum..well it's only fair. Maybe BRB will show more often now ;)

But this leads to my question and the first bit of info on these...Why are they called binders?? I know IH made them and all that but :scratching:

Newb question I'm sure but still was curious
Last edited by Toyman1994 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o2bgpn wrote:Chesty women smacking hairy balls with tennis rackets. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or go rub one out.


Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds Tice's truck together.

I don't forget, my brain just disregards insignificant details in my sleep.

Friend and Inspiration..RIP Josh.
User avatar
Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5359
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 5:46 pm
Location: In Transit..

Unread postby Brody » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:01 pm

Allways called em corn grinders, cause they are a harvester, farmers rig.

I had one for years but got tired of not being able to find parts for mine.
Come to think of it BRB ended up with it :scratching:

Action auto(tucson) has allot of used parts.
Comp cams was selling motor kits still=7yrs ago, for true IHC motors not AMC. I don't know if they still do.
User avatar
Brody
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:19 pm
Location: Arizona

Unread postby BornReadyBinder » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:08 pm

SWEET!


I didnt notice this until now. Doh!

I was wondering why we didnt have one and I'll be damned if you made one. Thanks.

Brody is correct. The term binders comes from Corn Binder since International Harvesters money pot and reputation came from Tractors. A lot of tractor DNA was put into IH's trucks.

Also, you may be interested to know that IH started the SUV craze....without IH, we wouldnt have the Bronco, Blazer or range rover, Etc. Thats also contributed to IH.s down fall...besides faulty managment, they were simply just ahead of their time..... ABS, Hyd., clutches, even the chevy avalanche platform( wagonmaster is what IH called them) were not popular until decades later.

Now maybe I'll do a few write up on some of my projects here. I wish I would have documented my Terra scout SOA conversion. Stay tuned! And Thanks. :thumb:
User avatar
BornReadyBinder
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:56 am
Location: Safford, AZ

Re: Hey there Binder Peeps...

Unread postby Tice » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:21 pm

Toyman1994 wrote:But this leads to my question and the first bit of info on these...Why are they called binders?? I know IH made them and all that but :scratching:




Really??? You just lost 10 man points for that!!! :roll: :flipoff:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a Toyota!!!!

I'm a firm believer in the double standard!!!!!!!!

Toyman1994 wrote:
damn...well new or next husband i dont care just find one so i can get off the hook already
User avatar
Tice
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:22 pm
Location: Who wants to know???

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:55 pm

ya I know..I'll give em to you this weekend. :D
o2bgpn wrote:Chesty women smacking hairy balls with tennis rackets. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or go rub one out.


Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds Tice's truck together.

I don't forget, my brain just disregards insignificant details in my sleep.

Friend and Inspiration..RIP Josh.
User avatar
Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5359
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 5:46 pm
Location: In Transit..

Unread postby Ashman » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:03 pm

We could make this the Not Binder related BS forum?
User avatar
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5449
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:14 am
Location: Vail, Arizona

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:09 pm

ya, still waiting for some binder guys to put some info in here :roll: :D
o2bgpn wrote:Chesty women smacking hairy balls with tennis rackets. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or go rub one out.


Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds Tice's truck together.

I don't forget, my brain just disregards insignificant details in my sleep.

Friend and Inspiration..RIP Josh.
User avatar
Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5359
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 5:46 pm
Location: In Transit..

Unread postby scramblerX » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:41 pm

Gotta love a company that bought parts from AMC!

And now that International is buying Jeep, I suppose the next new Jeep will be designated the BJ. ;)















What? For Binder Jeep, silly. :D
Tim
User avatar
scramblerX
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:13 pm
Location: Tucson

Unread postby Ashman » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:21 pm

scramblerX wrote:Gotta love a company that bought parts from AMC!

And now that International is buying Jeep, I suppose the next new Jeep will be designated the BJ. ;)















What? For Binder Jeep, silly. :D


Thats funny... :bow2:
User avatar
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5449
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:14 am
Location: Vail, Arizona

Unread postby Tice » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:23 pm

Toyman1994 wrote:ya I know..I'll give em to you this weekend. :D



Moe than you think!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I don't need a winch, I wheel a Toyota!!!!

I'm a firm believer in the double standard!!!!!!!!

Toyman1994 wrote:
damn...well new or next husband i dont care just find one so i can get off the hook already
User avatar
Tice
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:22 pm
Location: Who wants to know???


Return to Binder Tech

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron