towing with 1500 ram

Post your Dodge related Tech here.

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

towing with 1500 ram

Unread postby blackd-out-chev » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Does anyone have much experience towing with a late 90s ram 1500 with the 5.9 gas motor? Thinkin of buying one of these trucks for my work car...but would be nice if it could pull my crawler if i wanted to take the camper as well...then i can pull both trailers and not make 2 trips. I know its not gonna tow like my diesel...but with it being lifted already...am i gonna fry my tranny pullin 7k lb occasionally?
I'm not racist. I'm a nationalist. A taxpayer with a steady job. If that offends you, maybe you need to get a job and contribute to society or find another flag to seek shelter under.
blackd-out-chev
Boggers
Boggers

Re: towing with 1500 ram

Unread postby CHEVYNTOY4X4 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 am

You will blow the motor and trans in that dodge before you ever put a dent in your alison trans... Do an aftermarket trans cooler and or ribbed trans pan to keep your temp down and keep pulling with it
ITS NOT ABOUT HOW FAR YOU GO ITS WHAT YOU BREAK ALONG THE WAY

SHITLLFABOUT ind.

86 yota sas'd

Keystone Crawler
CHEVYNTOY4X4
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: towing with 1500 ram

Unread postby blackd-out-chev » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:56 am

sadly...i have no more allison trans...i swapped the chevy for a cummins...now im lookin for an older truck to drive to work
I'm not racist. I'm a nationalist. A taxpayer with a steady job. If that offends you, maybe you need to get a job and contribute to society or find another flag to seek shelter under.
blackd-out-chev
Boggers
Boggers

Return to Dodge Tech