Move out or stay at home?

Just about anything off topic goes here.

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Erich, Ashman, FroggyJK

Move out or stay at home?

Unread postby ScANdaLOuS » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:06 am

Well the opportunity for me to move at has come along. Me and my mom are bashing each others heads around every turn and it's just getting to be too much. I think it would be ok if my sister wasn't living at home, but shes not going anywhere anytime soon so...yeah. It's like 2 against one and my sister is one of the most wicked people you will ever meet. Oh did I mention she is 22 and living at home? She just quit her job, but doesn't have another one, bought a new car and a dog. There is no way she is moving out in the near future. So ANYWAY on to money. I bring in about $1000 dollars a month. $145 of that goes to insurance, $60 to phone bill, $40 to hi-speed internet, $150 to my mom, and the rest to food, truck, gas, and stuff like shampoo etc. We never have any food at home so I am always eating out. I may be able to move in with brian (yotaman) in march. I'd be paying $300 a month and we would split utilities 50/50. It's a 3 bedroom house with a garage so it's not too shabby. I could probably save money on food buy getting groceries when I move out vs. eating out like I do now. Help me!?!?!?!
ScANdaLOuS
Top Dawg
Top Dawg

Unread postby blublaz » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:18 am

i say do it ...getting your own place is by far the best feeling of freedom ,and for the money aspect your not always gonna make that much im sure you will increase ,and your girlfriend can stay over :p :p
wheelie king, always trying to adjust the sheetmetal to the rocks!!!!!.
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t100/blublaz/
Life isn't like a box of chocolates . it's more like a jar of jalapeno's.
What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
blublaz
Wheelie King Don!
Wheelie King Don!

Unread postby cw50must » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:15 am

I vote for moving out as long as you can afford it.
-Craig
1998 Cherokee
3" Lift
http://community.webshots.com/user/cw50must
cw50must
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby 4alarm » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:41 pm

I say stay at home till schools done. Save up some money, then move out. Living paycheck to paycheck sux!
4alarm
19 Apr 1980 - 1 Nov 2008

Unread postby JimmyJack » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:15 pm

Dude, move out! Throw parties, stay up all night, piss off the neighbors, all that good kid stuff. Just do it.
Nobody's really ever COMPLETELY worthless, they can always serve as a bad example....
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/aloyis ... ff&.view=t
JimmyJack
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby 4544x4 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:20 pm

:twisted: :shocked: I'm with him :p

JimmyJack wrote:Dude, move out! Throw parties, stay up all night, piss off the neighbors, all that good kid stuff. Just do it.
Windle Shue

There can be no divided allegiance here. We have room
for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for
but one language here, and that is the English
language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty
and that is a loyalty to the American people.

Theodore Roosevelt, 1907
4544x4
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Re: Move out or stay at home?

Unread postby yota man » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:51 pm

Camotoy wrote:Well the opportunity for me to move at has come along. Me and my mom are bashing each others heads around every turn and it's just getting to be too much. I think it would be ok if my sister wasn't living at home, but shes not going anywhere anytime soon so...yeah. It's like 2 against one and my sister is one of the most wicked people you will ever meet. Oh did I mention she is 22 and living at home? She just quit her job, but doesn't have another one, bought a new car and a dog. There is no way she is moving out in the near future. So ANYWAY on to money. I bring in about $1000 dollars a month. $145 of that goes to insurance, $60 to phone bill, $40 to hi-speed internet, $150 to my mom, and the rest to food, truck, gas, and stuff like shampoo etc. We never have any food at home so I am always eating out. I may be able to move in with brian (yotaman) in march. I'd be paying $300 a month and we would split utilities 50/50. It's a 3 bedroom house with a garage so it's not too shabby. I could probably save money on food buy getting groceries when I move out vs. eating out like I do now. Help me!?!?!?!

oh and elect is like 140 a month and water is 25 and gass is 26 and umm cable is 50 but that is with the net also oh and grabage is 30
89 toy truggy, SAS, 38TSL dule T's, locked front and rear with all the trimmings
yota man
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Unread postby yota man » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:53 pm

JimmyJack wrote:Dude, move out! Throw parties, stay up all night, piss off the neighbors, all that good kid stuff. Just do it.

well as far as the neighbors go ther is no one living to the right of us and the person to the left is a drug dealer so he dosnt care what we do
89 toy truggy, SAS, 38TSL dule T's, locked front and rear with all the trimmings
yota man
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Unread postby 4alarm » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:07 pm

yota man wrote:

well as far as the neighbors go ther is no one living to the right of us and the person to the left is a drug dealer so he dosnt care what we do

Now I'm getting home sick!
4alarm
19 Apr 1980 - 1 Nov 2008

Unread postby angie » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:16 pm

4alarm wrote: Living paycheck to paycheck sux!

Yeah it does.... but don't most of us do that anyways??????
angie
Top Dawg
Top Dawg

Unread postby 1248bullitt » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:40 pm

I sold my computer to save up to move out. I close on my house april 1st. I can't wait!! 3 bedroom 2 bathroom 2 car garage and enough room for my 2 rottweilers. I'm 18 and pull in about $1900 a month. If I can do it by myself you can do it with another person. Good luck with it man.

Wes
I WHEEL A FORD!
1248bullitt
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Unread postby FroggyJK » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:43 am

You are buying a house???

Wow Wes! Good for you!! :thumb:
Jen :frog:

I child proofed my house............but they still get in.
FroggyJK
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Jeepnut67 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:24 am

I've moved out of my parents house many times, and am actually back renting a room from them right now. Of course this is a good thing right now since I have to pay off a lot of bills and need a car.
98% of the population is of below average intellegence.
^O||||||O^
67 CJ-5, 350 V-8, TH-350, ARB's, 4" Lift, 33's

I idiot proofed my house but I still got in!
Jeepnut67
Boggers
Boggers

Unread postby Ashman » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:30 am

4alarm wrote:I say stay at home till schools done. Save up some money, then move out. Living paycheck to paycheck sux!

Im with josh on this one, tough it out at home if you can till your done with school.

Ive seen too many friends after highschool, they get a "good" job working in a store at the mall or something, then they move out with some friends. They need to work full time to cover expenses so they dont have time to finish school, and ususally party too much.

Dont get stuck in that rut. My friends that whent this rout are now years later back at there parents house, re-starting school.

Renting sucks, all your money is just going down the drain. You will always need a place to live. Trying to buy a house as early as you can (may require finishing school first). After buying my house, In one year it increased in value by about 10%!!! Thats equivalent to the 12 months of house payments I made over that year... So in the end it cost NUTHING to live in my house. Thats a good investment.

I was working at a car wash when I was in Highschool living at my parents house. At work one day my 17 year old girlfirned sent me a page 911 to tell me she was pregnet. We made a plan to get married and i would do school in 4 yrs. We were ass-poor when I did school. We rented in bad neighbor hoods and I we both worked part time to make ends meet. Dude It was rough.
But after school, I got the job, and bought a house at 22, and now were good to go. Just afew months ago we found out Angela is pregnent again, (unexpected). Im sittin on top of my buggy's cage in the driveway of my house looking around at a perfect neighbor hood for raising kids, thinking about how easy it will be this time around.

The early years are important, make a plan and stick to it.
Ashman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby FroggyJK » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:47 am

ashmanjeepxj wrote:Just afew months ago we found out Angela is pregnent again, (unexpected).

Congratulations Dave!!!! :D
Jen :frog:

I child proofed my house............but they still get in.
FroggyJK
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Drew » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:22 pm

ashmanjeepxj wrote:Just afew months ago we found out Angela is pregnent again, (unexpected). Im sittin on top of my buggy's cage in the driveway of my house looking around at a perfect neighbor hood for raising kids, thinking about how easy it will be this time around.

The early years are important, make a plan and stick to it.

Dave congrats! :D

Camo: I won't try to tell you what the right decision is, but either way, have plan and stick to it. Decide what is most important and set some priorities because this world will distract at every turn from what is important, so have a good idea what you intend to do and work at it. Just my humble opinion.
"Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid" Solomon apx 950BC
02 TJ , 35" MTRs, 4:56s, Ox Lockers, 2LO, blah, blah, blah.....
Drew
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Unread postby 4alarm » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:01 pm

Congrats Dave, I was wondering when you were gonna tell everyone.
4alarm
19 Apr 1980 - 1 Nov 2008

Unread postby 1248bullitt » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:50 pm

FroggyJK wrote:You are buying a house???

Wow Wes! Good for you!! :thumb:

Yup! I can't wait. :cool:

Wes
I WHEEL A FORD!
1248bullitt
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Return to General BS