Saber-Toothed Deer

Just about anything off topic goes here.

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Erich, Ashman, FroggyJK

Saber-Toothed Deer

Unread postby DUMASS » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:57 pm

No, really.

So I was researching the Yellowstone hot spot and Bruneau-Jarbidge caldera and this is where the ash from southern Idaho fell in Nebraska:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashfall_Fossil_Beds
section of Ashfall is called the "Rhino Barn". Other fossils at the "Rhino Barn" include the remains of horses and camels. Taxa discovered in the Ashfall deposits include:
five genera of horse: Cormohipparion, Protohippus, Pseudhipparion, Neohipparion and Pliohippus
three genera of camelids: Procamelus, Aepycamelus and Protolabis
three genera of canids: Leptocyon, Cynarctus and Aelurodon
one genus of rhinoceros: Teleoceras
one genus of saber-toothed deer: Longirostromeryx
three bird species: crowned crane (Balearica exigua), rail and secretary bird (Apatosagittarus)
two species of turtle: Hesperotestudo and pond turtle

so like whatever , but, what's a Longirostromeryx look like cause I've never seen a saber-toothed deer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musk_deer

As it turns out (because we no longer use the term "unfortunately" due to the negative connotation) in Soviet Russia, there are actually fucking saber-toothed deer, who knew, even Putin's deer are more badass than Obama's. (although we did buy some Chinese water deer apparently http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_deer#United_States )

that is all.
PVT Martin Treptow wrote:America must win this war. Therefore, I will work, I will save, I will sacrifice, I will endure, I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the issue of the whole struggle depended on me alone.

U.S. Supreme Court wrote:It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from falling into error.
American Communications Association v. Douds, 339 U.S. 382,442
DUMASS
...DICK

Re: Saber-Toothed Deer

Unread postby JB » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Hey, wait a minute........we don't call them Soviet Russia anymore?
"If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough...I have the scars to prove it"

85 Toyota/Truggy thing/partially Tice built
36's
4.7/2.28 duals
Lincoln-locked f/r
JB
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby DUMASS » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:19 pm

PVT Martin Treptow wrote:America must win this war. Therefore, I will work, I will save, I will sacrifice, I will endure, I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the issue of the whole struggle depended on me alone.

U.S. Supreme Court wrote:It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from falling into error.
DUMASS
...DICK

Unread postby DUMASS » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:31 am

DUMASS
...DICK

Unread postby DUMASS » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:29 pm

DUMASS
...DICK

Return to General BS