Electrical gremlins on an 87 zuk...

Post your Suzuki related Tech here.

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

Electrical gremlins on an 87 zuk...

Unread postby gruveb » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:11 am

I have recently been, well, an 87 zuk has been bequeathed ( lol) to me by my uncle. My cousing had, um, *worked* on it.

sometimes the wipers work, sometimes the horn works, sometimes the "key left in the ignition" warning buzzer works and the clock usually works unless you turn on the high beams...

all of this was tolerable until I went to start it the other day and find out that now there is only power to the headlights and starter...

I've gone through the thing and checked/cleaned grounds, checked the fusable link (good) and fuses. The fuses are as little corroded, but otherwise fine.

So now I'm thinking that I may have a problem with the ignition switch, but before I go any further I thought I'd check in and see...what do you guys think?[/code]
gruveb
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Ignition

Unread postby Bill Kennedy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:15 pm

Try changing out the ignition. Bad grounds usually do cause the gremlins though.

Bill Kennedy
Thanks, Bill Kennedy
Bill Kennedy
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby gruveb » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:49 pm

Turned out to be the fuse box! Free fix though, just a real pain to find. Anyhow, it's back running again. I took the doors off and I have to say, it's a lot more fun with the doors off than on...though a lot more dirty.

Next is a full tune up, then to fix an exhaust leak and then to yank out the carpet....er, after I get the toyota running too.
gruveb
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Suzuki Tech