Sammy upgrades

Post your Suzuki related Tech here.

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

Unread postby samurai119 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:00 pm

azrocktrash wrote:when rocky road did the d44 swap,the stock M/C would'nt work.they had too go to like an 85 firebird M/C,it's supposed to bolt up.
you can call them and they can tell you more.
oscar

i run a d 30 front and d 44 rear with stock m/c in my daily driver. works fine for me in traffic and on trails
Dean
samurai119
Training Wheels

I'm mobile!!!

Unread postby Bill Kennedy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:37 pm

I have the brake lines done and they do work with the stock master cylinder. I was able to get standard brake line manifold nuts and cut and reflare the tubing. Works great. :thumb: Carquest had all the stuff I needed and was also cheaper than anyone else. :cool: Still don't have a clue on how I am going to do the ebrake. :scratching: I could shell out the cash and get a driveshaft brake, but I'm cheap. Got the body trimming done. Need to do some sheet metal work to clean things up. That part really isn't a priority yet. I also want to put in a track bar for the rear. It seems like I am getting a lot of spring wrap. The front drive shaft was too short, even with a 1" spacer. I had an extra front d-shaft laying around and cut the slip joint off the u-joint section. This allowed for 3"s of more travel, and the drive angle is a little better now. I worry about the rear driveline. I basically made an adapter plate that uses the samurai bolt pattern and the stock bolts and also made the bolt pattern for the yoke on the 12 bolt on the same plate to connect the two. I would rather have a custom hybred shaft made, but as before, I'm cheap. How is the rear driveshaft on your d44 hooked up? And the ebrake? :scratching:
Thanks, Bill Kennedy
Bill Kennedy
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Unread postby madzukr » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:49 am

cool.
after all that rain up there,that volvo may not be there still. :naughty: have any of you guys been over that way latly?
AZ :D
madzukr
Boggers
Boggers

Not yet.

Unread postby Bill Kennedy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:03 am

Haven't been up there since. Too busy getting this project under way. Getting very close though!!! :D
Thanks, Bill Kennedy
Bill Kennedy
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Re: I'm mobile!!!

Unread postby samurai119 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:35 pm

Bill Kennedy wrote: How is the rear driveshaft on your d44 hooked up? And the ebrake? :scratching:

I have sumo shafts, just took off the sami flange on the axle side, and hooked the u joints direct. front and rear both use the same u joint as the sumo shafts.
Dean
samurai119
Training Wheels

ebrake

Unread postby Bill Kennedy » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:52 am

How did you hook up the e-brake? Does the Sumo shaft use the same ujoints as the stock Sammi?
Thanks, Bill Kennedy
Bill Kennedy
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Re: ebrake

Unread postby samurai119 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:48 pm

Bill Kennedy wrote:How did you hook up the e-brake? Does the Sumo shaft use the same ujoints as the stock Sammi?

no e/brake

the sumo shafts (mine were made by az driveshaft) use the spicer 1110 u joint. same as most jeeps.

az driveshaft can make you a flange to fit you axles and hook to your stock sami driveshaft flange.
Dean
samurai119
Training Wheels

Cardan

Unread postby Bill Kennedy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:20 pm

Do you have a souble cardan joint on the Sumos
Thanks, Bill Kennedy
Bill Kennedy
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Re: Cardan

Unread postby samurai119 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:53 pm