shaking problem!

Post your Suzuki related Tech here.

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

shaking problem!

Unread postby crew 75 cab » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:22 pm

A good friend of mine has a serious shake upon takeoff feels like bad ujoints on the middle driveshaft but upon pulling it they are fine I told him to have the shaft checked for balance but the guy at simions said that is not likely so we pulled the front shaft and drove it still had the problem then pulled the rear shaft drove it no change after all that we removed the middle shaft and put the yoke in the trans and ran it no problems so I thought axle wrap bad leafs what do you all think? I also checked all mounts and spring eye bushings. :scratching:
If it were a shovel, would ya take it to a shit fight?
crew 75 cab
Training Wheels

Re: shaking problem!

Unread postby ScANdaLOuS » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:03 pm

crew 75 cab wrote:A good friend of mine has a serious shake upon takeoff feels like bad ujoints on the middle driveshaft but upon pulling it they are fine I told him to have the shaft checked for balance but the guy at simions said that is not likely so we pulled the front shaft and drove it still had the problem then pulled the rear shaft drove it no change after all that we removed the middle shaft and put the yoke in the trans and ran it no problems so I thought axle wrap bad leafs what do you all think? I also checked all mounts and spring eye bushings. :scratching:

Is the thing lifted at all? D-shaft angle? :scratching:

Oh and what is it??? ;) :cool: :wtf:
ScANdaLOuS
Top Dawg
Top Dawg

Unread postby crew 75 cab » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:00 pm

That was a thought but problem occured long after lift was done and we removed both shafts one at a time to rule that out.
crew 75 cab
Training Wheels

Unread postby crew 75 cab » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:02 pm

I am starting to think trans but I really do not have the time to tear it down on a whim because there is no metal in the oil.
crew 75 cab
Training Wheels

how tall are your spring pads

Unread postby rabidray » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:23 am

i noticed a marked change in the front end when i went to confer type spring pads.......
the only diff between the 2 was the pads heighth above the axel tube.....

the trailer spring pads were .5 to .75 inches above the axel tube.......

the confer type pads are under .5 inch over the axel tube......

what i beleive is happening is with the added leverage that the taller pad puts on the leaf spring it sets the axel up for a side to side oscilalation....

so you get the death wobble and the milk shake steering wheel.........

my first clue to this problem was when i installed my second hybred axel houseing .....i had ordered it from trail tuff with spring pads and shock mounts........

the angle they set the pads at scared me at first kuz it looked like the drive line was going too bind at full droop...... but it does not bind at all as far as i can tell.......but any way the way they set it up has the least ammount of spring wrap i have ever had :innocent: .........

the reason i changed the front houseing was because i was switching over to arb,s and 5.125 gears.......it was damned cold out {about 8 degrees} and i figured it would be easier to install a complete axel assy than change every thing under truck...........

all i had at the time were these weird spring pads from petroworks{i had them for almost 2 years and was not going too use them kuz they were weird} but they kind of matched what trail tuff had put on the rear.....

i welded them on at 0 degrees {bubble level} to the stock spring pad crossed my fingers and put it together........

this resulted in the sweetest setup i have had yet i dont even run a steering damper{too cheap to get an after market damper}.....

this cured 98% of my death wobble the damper will more than likely kill the rest of it.......

something else ive noted is that the steering is eqaul in both directions it was not before........now i get spring bite to the left and the right......

also with the lower srping pad s i think i have lost some turning radius due too spring bite but i will take that any day over death wobble.......

i will just have to make some steering stops or get rims with even more back spaceing or spacers too set the wheels even farther out.....i think taht .75 inches would be enough.........

but i am painfully cheap so i will more than likely just go with steering stops........this will help the birfs stay together a bit longer i hope......
rabidray
Training Wheels

Unread postby crew 75 cab » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:26 pm

I thank you for the info but my problem is in the drivetrain somewhere and I have no steering shake the whole truck shakes. :scratching:
crew 75 cab
Training Wheels

Unread postby madzukr » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:32 am

if he's driveing a zuk,it could be the front wheel bearings.(bad or loose)that's what mine usally does. :scratching:
oscar
madzukr
Boggers
Boggers

Unread postby azzuki » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:59 pm

Check the t- case mounts, mine was acting just like that after the 1.8 swap. Turns out the t-case mounts were not holding up to the torque.
64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday
I don't need to understand your Jeep thing, just get my mail delivered on time!!!
azzuki
Mud Terrains
Mud Terrains

Yup

Unread postby Bill Kennedy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:16 pm

Check the t- case mounts, mine was acting just like that after the 1.8 swap. Turns out the t-case mounts were not holding up to the torque

Mine did the same thing once. I found I have to check them fairly regularly.
Thanks, Bill Kennedy
Bill Kennedy
General Grabbers
General Grabbers

Return to Suzuki Tech