Diy Highline.

Post your Jeep related Tech here.

Moderators: Toyman1994, TallGuy, Tice, Ashman

Diy Highline.

Unread postby 4x4ndad » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:41 pm

Started the Diy highline with the instructions from higherground website. My friend came over at about 230pm by 830pm both fenders were off and the hood was cut up. The time included dinner break (Nikos and a run to home depot for bolts and wshers for the rear flares) Only used 2 blades to cut the hood and only broke 1 fender bolt. Got luky the bolt that broke was at the bottom of the tub on the passenger side and the hole won't be reused. So far so good.. :thumb: :thumb:
Just another Tj owner looking for his village.
4x4ndad
Training Wheels

Day 2

Unread postby 4x4ndad » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:36 pm

Day 2 started out ok. Ended up pulling the radiator due to standard quality issues, leaking at both tank seams. Started at 630pm by midnight had the radiator pulled out, all the cross bracing cut, holes drilled at fender to tub mounting points and drivers fender bolted into palce and pulled the curve at the headlight. the goal is to have done and running by midnight day 3. (At least the front finished.)
4x4ndad
Training Wheels

Unread postby Toyman1994 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:18 pm

insert *thisthreadworthlesswithoutpics*

:flipoff:

Sounds interesting though :D
o2bgpn wrote:Chesty women smacking hairy balls with tennis rackets. I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or go rub one out.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds Tice's truck together.

I don't forget, my brain just disregards insignificant details in my sleep.

Friend and Inspiration..RIP Josh.
Toyman1994
Site Admin
Site Admin

Days 3 and 4 for highline

Unread postby 4x4ndad » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:38 pm

Day 3 passenger side fender pulled arround grill, started at 730pm. Put everything back together, taped off hood for final trim/ fitting. Reinstalled new radiator, Finished up at 230 am.
Day 4 made final cuts on hood, added fender trim to cut edges of hood, reinstalled battery. set hood latches front is finished. started at 730 pm finished by 10pm. Still have brackets to build and fender supports to finish up. But got it rolling by my Thursday deadline. Pictures will be added soon. Need to wait for a day off when the sun is still out. Garage is to cramped to get decent pictures. For now check out higherground4x4.com The diy highline instructions are very detailed on how to perform the work with photos.
4x4ndad
Training Wheels

Unread postby offroadaz » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:12 am

Hey glad you got it finished up! Thanks for the compliments on the writeup!

Lets see some pics!

:D
Chris Brewer
HigherGround4x4.com
offroadaz
Training Wheels

Return to Jeep Tech